Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the BFA Musical Theatre Program at Sam Houston. We're looking forward to receiving your audition and learning more about you. Registration for our 2023-24 audition season will open early September 2023.
LIVE AUDITIONS ON CAMPUS:
Friday, November 3rd, 2023 (for Spring 2024 consideration & Fall 2024 consideration)
Friday, February 2nd, 2024 (for Fall 2024 consideration)
Friday, April 5th, 2024 (for Fall 2024 consideration)
RECORDED AUDITION OPTIONS:
APRIL 13th, 2023 (for Fall 2024 consideration)
For ALL auditions, to get started, head to our landing page at GetAcceptd.
Once your audition Acceptd application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email with more details regarding the audition. You DO NOT need to have applied and been accepted to the University before auditioning. This audition will be your scholarship audition as well.
When submitting your audition materials, you will be asked for the following:
- Head shot
• Resume (PDF)
• Two letters of recommendation (PDF)
• Transcripts (for those transferring to Sam Houston)
- A “wild card” video that helps us see your personality, essence and authenticity.
Consider these ideas for your “wild card” video:
- Why you want to pursue performing as a profession.
- What you like to do outside of performance.
- How you realize and express your true essence in your everyday experiences.
• The following videos (Unless you are doing a live audition, in which you will perform these pieces live and complete the dance call):
- Two (2) memorized, contrasting one-minute monologues from a contemporary script.
- Two (2) contrasting cuts from a published Broadway musical, approximately 40 seconds each.
Points of contrast can include vocal range, tempo, style, time period, etc.
- A clip of a dance work that demonstrates your abilities in ballet and jazz.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Sam Houston Musical Theatre.
For more information, please contact us using the contact information:
Department of Theatre & Musical Theatre
Kyle Craig-Bogard, Co-Coordinator of Musical Theatre
Box 2297, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX 77341-2297
Phone: (936)294-4751 | Email at email@example.com
We offer a significant amount of department scholarships each year for new students. Your audition for the Musical Theatre Program will serve as your department scholarship audition therefore you do not need to participate in the Theatre Scholarship Audition process. Individuals wishing to be considered for a department scholarship should fill out a scholarship application at Scholarships4Kats. Candidates will be notified via email before May 1 regarding department scholarships. For further information regarding using your Musical Theatre Program audition as your department scholarship audition, please contact Kyle Craig-Bogard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also consider applying for scholarships through the University. Application deadline for University scholarships is November 1. Apply at Scholarships4Kats.