Debbie S. Torres (email@example.com)
Bachelor of Science, Biology, Texas Tech University
Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology, University of Houston - Clear Lake
- Research interests include behavioral medicine, health psychology, biopsychosocial risk factors, brief intervention in diverse and multidisciplinary settings, and health disparities among underrepresented populations.
- Thesis: Psychosocial Risk Factors Predict Prescription Opioid Usage After Spine Surgery
- Dissertation: Mitigating the Impact of Covid-Related Stress on Parental Stress, Mood, And Emotion Regulation: Is There an App for That?
- Clinical practice interests include brief intervention, services among individuals with acute/subacute/chronic illness (i.e., medical, psychiatric), and Spanish-speaking populations, as well as medical, inpatient, and rehabilitation settings across the lifespan (i.e., children, adolescents, adults, family).
- Curriculum Vitae
- ROAD to PhD Scholar, Sam Houston State University (2020)
- First Place Poster, Society for Personality Assessment (2019)
- Diversity Grant, Society for Personality Assessment (2019)