Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship
The Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship provides the tuition and books for students taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The format of the class will be in person or live online unless a student petitions with legitimate need for an alternative course option
- Enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Undergraduate classified as a junior, senior, or post-baccalaureate student
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.40
- 3.40 GPA in their Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math (BCPM) courses
- Completed at least 30 hours at SHSU
- Students with grades below a C at SHSU are ineligible regardless of taking the class a second time.
Ten scholarships will be awarded in Fall 2020 on a competitive basis. The timing is designed to coincide with taking the MCAT in early Spring 2020 and applying to professional school no later than Summer 2020.
Applications open Spring 2021 and will be awarded on a first come first awarded basis
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2021
For more information contact René Harris at 936.294.4448 or email@example.com.