Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship
The Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship provides the tuition and books for students taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The format of the class will be in person or live online unless a student petitions with legitimate need for an alternative course option
- Enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Undergraduate classified as a junior, senior, or post-baccalaureate student
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.40
- 3.40 GPA in their Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math (BCPM) courses
- Completed at least 30 hours at SHSU
- Students with grades below a C at SHSU are ineligible regardless of taking the class a second time.
Ten scholarships will be awarded in Fall 2022 on a competitive basis. The timing is designed to coincide with taking the MCAT in early Spring 2023 and applying to professional school no later than Summer 2023.
Applications open Spring 2022 and will be awarded on a first come first awarded basis. Early application is encouraged.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2022
For more information email René Harris at 936.294.4448 or Crystal Radican in the Biology department at 936.294.3057.