The Center for Music Education supports practicing music educators and graduate study for music educators. We seek to encourage the interaction of educators, performers, and scholars to address the subjects of education, art, performance, and culture in order to facilitate the best practices in music education.
The Center for Music Education:
- Provides Professional Development Sessions for Music Educators
- Offers extended Summer Workshops for Music Educators
- Facilitates in-service presentations for Public Schools
- Offers mentoring opportunities for young teachers
- Provides educational consulting for organizations and programs
- Produces a Lecture Series for Graduate Students
- Publishes Praxis, a biannual online journal
For more information about the Center for Music Education or services provided, please contact Matthew McInturf.
To submit an article for publication in Praxis, please see the Submission Page.
To contribute to the Center for Music Education, please visit the Donations Page.