Applicants must apply AND be admitted to the University prior to auditioning for the School of Music. Acceptance into the School of Music is contingent upon admittance to the University. Please visit the SHSU Admissions website for more information on eligibility requirements.
The following checklists serve as a guide through the School of Music admission process.
University Application Checklist
- University application via ApplyTexas.org
- Complete the online application for SHSU and pay the $45 nonrefundable application fee or submit an application fee waiver.
- Submit Official High School Transcript and SAT/ACT scores to:
Sam Houston State UniversityOr ask your high school to send an electronic official transcript to Sam Houston State University (code: 003606).
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Huntsville, TX 77341-2418
- FAFSA application for financial aid and scholarship applications.
- Apply to the School of Music and select an audition date. (Qualified students may receive a fee waiver for the School of Music application. Contact Acceptd directly to see if you qualify.)
School of Music Application Checklist
School of Music
Sam Houston State University
1751 Avenue I, Huntsville, TX 77340
A Member of the Texas State University System