Intersectionality: The Coming Together of Literacy and Community Engagement
Directions for Presentation Submissions:
Topics should focus on early language and literacy and the effects of language/literacy in teaching and development.
Breakout session guidelines:
- Breakout sessions are 40-45 minutes in length.
- Our attendees prefer hands-on sessions, ideas they can use in their educational setting, and lots of handouts.
- Commercially based presentations that promote purchasing a product or program are discouraged.
- Individuals may submit a maximum of two presentation proposals.
- Due to rising costs, we are no longer able to provide free registration to presenters. Presenters will need to pay a $35 registration fee.
- Cost of registration will include a snack bag and lunch to each presenter.
- Proposals are due by September 15, 2017 to JoanProuty@shsu.edu
Presenters will be notified about their acceptance to the conference on September 21, 2017.