Papers should be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with numbered pages. A cover sheet with the author’s name, student ID number(s) and contact information for the lead author should be included. No identifying information should appear within the text of the submission.
Submissions should be completed in CHSS courses from Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 (Academic Year 2019-2020).
- All papers should be formatted according to the style appropriate to the discipline in which it was created (e.g., Chicago style, MLA, APA, etc.).
- Researched papers should be approximately 3,000 words and submitted as Microsoft Word files (.doc or .docx).
- Research posters can be submitted as either a PowerPoint slide or a Word file. Research posters must also include a full critical introduction of between 500-1000 words.
- Click the “Author Agreement” link below to fill out submission information and upload your final format file. The final format file will include your paper, any images and tables, and a list of figures and tables. Combine your paper and image files into one file before uploading. Label the file with your last name and a few words of your title. Read section 3 below for more detailed information.
- Have your faculty sponsor fill out the “Statement of Support & Faculty Signature.” The forms do not have to be completed at the same time, but submissions will not be accepted without both of the forms being submitted.
- Submit images and text on separate, labeled pages within one file. Place your paper first, and then subsequent pages should have the corresponding support documents, clearly labeled (e.g. Photo 1; Table 4a, etc.).
Call outsshould appear in the appropriate locations in the text of the papers (e.g. Figure 1 about here). On a separate page, provide a list of all tables and images; in this list, include a title for each table and a caption for each image or figure. Copyright clear photos and figures should be submitted as .jpg at 300 dpi resolution or higher.
Note: It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that they have the right to publish any images provided. If photos include human subjects, an image release may be required. Questions can be addressed to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing your author agreement or statement of support, please allow one minute for processing.