The Special Graduate Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship from Sam Houston State University College of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is awarded to selected graduate students who have demonstrated an excellent academic record and community citizenship. To be considered for the CHSS Special Graduate Scholarship, a Sam Houston State University student must be enrolled as a graduate student during the semester in which the scholarship is applied.
- Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. Recipients will be notified in Spring semester on the amount of scholarships for Fall and Spring.
- Applicants must provide expected enrollment status for the next academic year.
- Applicants must provide expected graduation date.
- Applicants must upload 2 letters of recommendation (preferably from SHSU faculty) to the Scholarships4Kats application.
- Once awarded, scholarship is contingent upon student maintaining a 3.5 GPA and enrollment status.
CHSS Graduate Scholarship Application Deadlines
Fall 2023/Spring 2024:
February 15, 2023
April 15, 2023