16th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium
Saturday, April 22, 2023
If you would like to be considered for one of the URS awards, submit your complete presentation to the Honors College Office by Friday, April 14, 5:00 p.m.
Below you will find information about submitting your presentation and the general evaluation criteria rubric that we ordinarily give to the URS moderators. This is to give you a better idea of how the committee will appraise your work.
We are proud to offer the following awards: Best Poster and Best Oral-Media ($500 each), Honorable Mention Poster and Honorable Mention Oral-Media ($250 each), the FAST Award ($250), the Ambassadors Choice Award ($250 each), and the Assam Scholarships for Honors ($500 each) among others.
For more information, visit the URS Resources page or attend one of our URS Informational Sessions.
Rules and Eligibility
- Students must submit their presentation by the deadline - no exceptions or extensions.
- Students must be enrolled at SHSU the summer and fall semesters following the URS in order to be eligible for scholarship awards.
- Students are required to physically present the submitted presentation at the URS during their designated session time and location.
- Send your presentation as an attachment to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that your presentation has been received. In this email, please list what award you are submitting your presentation for. Additionally, list your presentation title and SAM ID.
- Poster and oral-media presentations that are primarily visual must include a written component when submitted so that the faculty committee has a clear sense of the presentation as a whole.
- Accessibility of content to students in other disciplines
- Level of originality of research
- Clarity of controlling ideas and effectiveness of organization
- Clarity and effectiveness of language and expression
- Visuals (if applicable) that enhance but do not dominate the presentation
All awards are judged by the Awards Committee.
The Awards Committee is made up of the Honors College Deans, and URS faculty committee members.
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College
Academic Building IV Suite 202 | Box 2479 | Huntsville, Texas 77341-2479
Phone: (936) 294.1477 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org