Thank you for your interest in the SHSU Office of Pre-Health Professional Advising (OPPA)! Advising for Summer/Fall 2018 began on February 12th.
See below on how to make an appointment.
Appointments for Current SHSU Students:
We have a new appointment system called Campus Connect.
You have the ability to schedule your academic advising appointment now to ensure you are advised before registration opens. Here are steps to use SHSU's new program, Campus Connect, to do so:
- In MySam, on the Students tab, in the Campus Connect box, click on the link for Campus Connect.
- Click on Schedule an Advising/Tutoring Appointment (blue box)
- Select OPPA-Office of Pre-Health Professions Advising, then the specific option that applies to you (e.g., OPPA-PreNursing, OPPA-PT/OT), then Next.
- Select the Location you prefer: SAM Center, our office in the SAM Center (CHSS 170) on the main campus in Huntsville, or The Woodlands Center (3380 College Park Drive, Suite 400 The Woodlands, TX 77384).
- Select the Advisor you wish to meet with:
- Brandy Colvin – Huntsville only
- Joanna Blythe – The Woodlands Center only
- Start your calendar search for after today's date. Select an appointment time block (Morning or Afternoon), then the specific time period. Select Next.
- You have two options here: (1) to add a comment, and (2) to set reminders. WE SUGGEST YOU SELECT BOTH "SEND ME an EMAIL" and "SEND ME a TEXT," SO YOU DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Confirm Appointment.
If you opt to have reminders sent, you will receive an email reminder 24 hours in advance and a text message one hour in advance of your scheduled appointment. If you wish to change/cancel your appointment you can view your scheduled appointments from your Campus Connect on the right side under Upcoming Appointments. If you have any questions you can contact your advisor via Campus Connect as well.
Appointments for Prospective SHSU Students:
If you have not been accepted into SHSU, but are interested in our programs, you will need to contact our office to schedule an appointment. If you would like to see the nursing advisor at The Woodlands Center, please call (936) 202-5109 during our normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, and one of our staff members can set-up an appointment for you.
If you are needing a full advising session, please come face-to-face unless you have specific circumstances where you cannot travel. If you have already been advised, but have follow-up questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before making an secondary appointment.
Advisors will see walk-in students based on availability. If you want a specific time, we recommend making an appointment over walking-in. If traveling from a long-distance, always call to ensure someone is available at your desired time.