- Fall 2019: March 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019 (selection is not made until after June 1, 2019)
- Spring 2020: July 1, 2019 - September 1, 2019
RN to BSN Application Dates:
- Ongoing; Students can begin fall, spring or summer
- For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Apply to the RN-BSN program (must be accepted to SHSU prior to applying)
Steps to Apply (BSN and LVN-BSN)
Read ALL steps below; failure to follow instructions will lead to the application receiving a lower ranking.
1. Apply to SHSU for the semester you wish to begin the program and be accepted. Current SHSU students only have to complete a NursingCAS application. Please note: Acceptance to SHSU can take up to 2 weeks once you pay the required application fee of $45 and submit official transcripts from all prior institutions attended. Also, if you applied for a prior semester at SHSU and did not take courses at SHSU, you must reapply to the university for the semester you wish to begin the program. If you have AP and/or CLEP credit for prerequisite courses, you will need to submit your official score report to SHSU. You can email SHSU Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. After being accepted to SHSU, apply to SHSU School of Nursing through NursingCAS. Applicants must meet admissions requirements. Student will include evidence of required immunizations (one PDF), official transcripts and TEAS scores (Individual Performance Profile) in their NursingCAS application. Please note: Nursing application will not open in NursingCAS until the beginning of the application period.
All communication for the SHSU School of Nursing application will be through your SHSU email account. We will not contact you on your personal email about your acceptance/denial, and/or any of your document submissions. For questions or additional information, please email email@example.com.
Background checks are required to protect and promote the welfare of the people of Texas by ensuring each person holding a nursing license is competent to practice safely. To achieve this, the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) requires that newly admitted nursing students complete fingerprinting and a criminal background check to gain clearance prior to enrollment.
An individual enrolled or planning to enroll in SHSU School of Nursing who has reason to believe or she may be ineligible for the R.N. Licence, may petition the Texas Board of Nursing for a declaratory order as to the person's eligibility. Neither the University nor its faculty can answer this question for a person. The Texas Board of Nursing Declaratory Order Petition form can be found here. TBON may be reached at: 333 Guadalupe #3-460, Austin, TX 78701, (512) 305-7400.
Upon close of application, applicants meeting all prequalifying criteria: 3.0 minimum prerequisite math and science GPA; 3.0 minimum overall GPA; and 70 minimum TEAS score, will have their personal information submitted to TBON as a prequalifying background check.