A Nationally Recognized Program
The RN to BSN program at SHSU is the #11 ranked RN to BSN program in the state of Texas.
Earning a baccalaureate degree will open more doors in your RN's nursing career, allowing for positions of leadership and further academic degrees. The online RN to BSN program at SHSU is designed for the registered nurse who has passed the NCLEX-RN* and holds a current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse and wishes to obtain the baccalaureate degree.
- 100% online to accommodate your busy schedule
- 10 NURS courses
- Application is always open; begin in Fall, Spring, or Summer
- 7.5 week courses in Fall/Spring semesters / 3-week mini-mester and 10 week courses in Summer semesters
- Complete in 1 calendar year
- Flexible; Full and part-time options are available
- Accessible and relatable faculty
- *Joint Admission option available for students in an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program at Alvin Community College, Blinn College, Lone Star College, and Temple College (opportunity to begin the RN-BSN program at SHSU in summer term(s) of ADN program)
Admission to SHSU’s RN to BSN program requires:
- Unencumbered Texas RN License*
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) overall GPA and Prerequisite GPA
- Compliance with clinical readiness requirements (immunizations, CPR, liability and health insurance, physical exam, background check, and drug screen)
Application for the RN-BSN program is open.
Please contact the following with inquiries about the RN to BSN program.
- Joanna Blythe, MBA, at 936.202.5027 or email@example.com
- Pamela Slagle, MSN, RN at 936.202.5149 or firstname.lastname@example.org