In Texas, there is a drive to employ a more highly educated workforce. This requirement has increased the demand for LVN to BSN programs. At Sam Houston State University, we offer the education, skills and experience that to make you a more attractive employee.
If you are a licensed vocational nurse (LVN), and looking to enhance your nursing skills to provide more comprehensive patient care, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) can prepare you to be among the essential, knowledgeable nurses hospitals need today.
The LVN to BSN program at SHSU is available on campus only at The Woodlands.
Admission to SHSU’s LVN to BSN program requires:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) overall GPA and Prerequisite GPA (no grade less than a C in pre-nursing curriculum courses)
- ATI TEAS (TEAS VI) Overall Score must be ≥ 70. Each subject area must be ≥ 55. Reading and Math sub-scores will be used at a higher rate than other subject areas. We cannot use a Reading or Math TEAS sub-score from a test that Overall Score and/or Subject Area Scores did not meet the minimum requirements.
- The TEAS exam may be taken every 30 days prior to the application period to which you are applying.
- During the application period the TEAS exam can only be taken one (1) time.
- Student will submit one TEAS report during the application period to School of Nursing (pre-licensure BSN and LVN-BSN).
- TEAS V scores will no longer be accepted.
- Compliance with clinical readiness requirements (immunizations, CPR, liability and health insurance, physical exam, background check, and drug screen)