Associate Professor, School of Nursing
Honors and Awards
- Appointed to Board of Governors for the new TX National League for Nursing constituent league and am a course writer for the TX APIN Project (academic progression In nursing).
- 2008 Nominated for Faculty of the Year, Nebraska Methodist College
- 2007 Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2007 Selected for NLN ELAC Executive Committee member election ballot
- 2001 Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, Gamma Pi Chapter
Professional Memberships/Areas of Interest
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- National League for Nursing
- Nebraska League for Nursing
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Diabetes Health
- Professional Issues
Areas of Research Interest
- Diabetes self-care among rural older adolescents & emerging adults with Type 1 Diabetes
- Childhood Obesity
- Zinn, K., Velsor-Friedrich, B., Gulanick, M., & Penckofer, S. (2013). A comparison of type 1 diabetes self-care among older adolescents with good and poor glycemic control. Diabetes, 62(Suppl. 1), A347.
- Velsor-Friedrich, B., Kinsella Militello, L., Zinn, K. K., & DeWolff, D. K. (2009). Switching from CFC to HFA inhalers: What NPs and their patients need to know. The American Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 13(10), 45-50.
- Sather, L. & Zinn, K. (2002). Effects of abstinence-only education on adolescent attitudes and values concerning premarital sexual intercourse. Family & Community Health, 25, 1-15.