Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology
Dr. Brent Estes is the Graduate Coordinator for the Sport Management Program at Sam Houston State University. He teaches a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses including: Sport Law, Sport Finance, Leadership in Sport, Community & Media Relations, Sport Sociology, Sport Psychology, Sport Administration, and Assessment in Kinesiology. Dr. Estes also coordinates graduate internship experiences. His primary research interests are in the areas of organizational behavior, legal issues, and finance. Prior to his career in academia, Dr. Estes worked in professional baseball and college athletics.
- The Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), April 2006
Specialization: Sport Administration
- The United States Sports Academy, Daphne, Alabama
Master of Sport Science (M.S.S.), July 2001
Specialization: Sport Management
- Faulkner University, Montgomery, Alabama
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), December 1998Major: Pre-Med/Biology
Areas of Expertise
- Worker Motivation
- Sport Law
- Sport Analytics
- Estes, B. C. (2012). Manipulating the numbers: Earnings management techniques in professional sports. Business Studies Journal, 4, 17-20.
- Shaheen, N. A. & Estes, B. C. (2012). The tax collector comes knocking: An evaluation of the state income taxation of nonresident professional athletes and the role of congress. Journal of Legal, Ethical, & Regulatory Issues, 15, 131-138.
- Estes, B. C. (2011). Predicting productivity in a complex labor market: A sabermetric assessment of free agency on Major League Baseball player performance. Business Studies Journal, 3, (Special Issue 1), 23-58.