How to Apply to the MSAT Program
The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program provides a supportive yet challenging learning environment for students to develop essential knowledge and clinical skills. The MSAT program at SHSU strives to develop diverse contemporary clinicians who collaborate with healthcare professionals and community partners to deliver patient-centered culturally competent care. The program strives to instill the qualities of a life-long learner that will progress graduates to clinical expertise. If we can assist with the application process in any way please reach out by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program are reviewed on a rolling basis with one admission process annually. The MSAT program is a cohort model which starts each summer during the Summer 1 term.
- Priority Deadline: November 15th
- Final deadline: April 15th
Applicants to the MSAT must meet the following requirements to be considered for regular admission.
A complete application to the MSAT program at Sam Houston State University will include:
A completed Application to the Graduate School: www.goapplytexas.org
A completed ATCAS Application: https://atcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login . This program-specific application includes providing the following:
- Ofﬁcial Transcripts:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be sent directly to ATCAS.
- GRE Score within the past ﬁve years. Waiving GRE scores for the current admission cycle
- If you are currently enrolled at SHSU, you do not need to submit GRE scores. All other applicants will be required to submit GRE scores. The institution code for Sam Houston State University is 6643.
- Clinical Observation Hours Log (minimum of 75 clinical observations signed by a certiﬁed and licensed athletic trainer)
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Certiﬁcation) from the American Heart Association
- Completed Immunization Review Form
- Two completed references. One of the forms must be from a Licensed and Certiﬁed Athletic Trainer who supervised your observation hours.
- Personal Statement
- The SHSU Graduate School application fee is $50.
- ATCAS charges $90 for the first program you apply to and $55 for each additional program.
ATCAS offers a Fee Assistance Program