In order to be awarded a graduate GIS Certificate students must complete 15 credits of GIS graduate coursework that includes three core courses and a minimum of two electives.
Applicants must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- GEOG 5361 Geographic Information (3 credits)
- GEOG 5362 GIS Principles and Applications (3 credits)
- GEOG 5364 Spatial Analysis (3 credits)
Electives (at least two of the following):
- GEOG 5310 GIS Project Management (3 credits)
- GEOG 5312 GIS ModelBuilder (3 credits)
- GEOG 5315 Spatial Database (3 credits)
- GEOG 5363 Internet GIS (3 credits)
- GEOG 5365 Digital Image Processing (3 credits)
- GEOG 5366 Cartography and Visualization (3 credits)
- GEOG 5367 GIS Programming (3 credits)
- GEOG 5311 GIS and Law Enforcement (3 credits)
- GEOG 5371 Energy GIS (3 credits)
- GEOG 5373 Introduction to GPA, LiDAR and Radar (3 credits)
For detailed course descriptions, please visit here.
For class schedule by semester, please visit here.