Do you want to learn about jobs in Criminal Justice?
The College of Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University invites you to:
Real Talk with Chief of Police
Featuring: Jerry Meadors
Wed, April 28 @ 2:00 pm on Zoom
Live Audience Information
- Seating is limited and registration for live attendance is required.
- Seating placement will be first come first serve at the door.
- Social distancing and properly worn facial coverings are required.
Real Talk w/CJ is a series featuring professionals in law enforcement, corrections, victim services, and private security, many of them Sam Houston State University alumni. The diverse speakers share their daily experiences on the job with students as well as provide tips on how to start and advance their careers. The informal sessions allow participants to ask questions about their areas of interest and to begin the process of networking to get a job. To serve our growing online population, the presentation frequently are offered live on the web to expand opportunities for those off campus.
Each semester, the College presents several guest speakers. Among some of our most recent guest are:
- U.S. Marshal Natalie Garza
- Wayne Scott, Retired Director of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
- Warden Billy D. Hirsch
- DEA Agent Rodney Lott
- ATF Agent Daniel Casey
- Game Warden Stephen Ingram
- Terry Bienhunko, Retired U.S. Secret Service Agent
- Steven Wood, Corporate Investigations, Starbucks
- Ron Plesco, Co-Founder, National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance
- Charles Andrews
- Rice University Police Chief William F. Taylor
- DPS Investigator Dr. James Thomas
- Assistant Chief Laurie Christensen, Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office
- U.S. Postal Inspector Stephaine Harden
- Alfred Bryant, Child Protective Services
- Victim Assistance Coordinator Karen Martin, Texas Attorney General’s Office
- NCIS Agent Chad Willie
- Assistant U.S. Attorney Edward Gallagher
- Texas Ranger Clete Buckaloo
- Senior Fingerprint Specialist Jim Nutt, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Chair Rissie Owens, Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon