2020 Camps Canceled
University officials have decided to cancel CJ Summer Camp 2020 in response to COVID-19. Our summer camp attracts students across the globe and involves training by essential personnel and first-responders who are needed in the front lines of our current situation. We know this has been a difficult time to navigate for all and hope this decision, while disappointing, brings some relief to those unsure of how to move forward with the application process.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well,
SHSU College of Criminal Justice
Are you a high school student age 15-17 interested in criminal justice? Would you like to gain hands-on experience in criminal justice? Would you like to meet law enforcement agents, professors, and other students that share your interest? Would you like to tour the prison, crime lab, or morgue? Would you like to investigate a mock crime scene?
If you have dreams of a career in criminal justice, come get a glimpse of the real deal. Visit with law enforcement agents, professors, and criminal justice students, as well as go on tours of a prison, crime lab, and morgue. Participate in activities that give you hands-on experience, such as investigating a mock crime scene, being arrested, arresting someone else, and the like.
Past camps have had speakers from the DEA, U.S. Marshals, FBI, Houston Fire Investigation, U.S. Military Police, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Harris County Medical Examiner's office, Huntsville Police, and Sam Houston State University. Past camp activities have included introductions to forensic technology, martial arts, law, and team-building exercises. For a better idea of the activities last years campers were engaged in, check out a sample itinerary.
One past camper when asked what his/her favorite activity was answered: "The crime lab. I liked to see all the evidence and see equipment used to find evidence."
Come experience four straight days in the field of criminal justice! Can't wait to see you!!!
CJ Summer Camp 2020 Dates
- Session I:
June 28 - July 2, 2020Canceled
- Session II:
July 5 - 9, 2020Canceled
Summer Camp Forms
- The cost of this year's camp is $700. This includes living accommodations in an on-campus dorm, as well as all meals and activities.
- Round trip airport transportation is offered from George Bush Intercontinental Airport ONLY for an additional $150 fee.
- Participants must be 15-17 years of age at the time of the designated camp session.
- All applications must be postmarked by April 8, 2020.
- Notification letters will be mailed out by May 1, 2020.
- Complete camp payment must be received no later than June 8, 2020.
- No refund will be given if cancelation is within two weeks of designated camp session.
For more information about CJ Summer Camp, please contact:
Veronica Gonzalez Hoff, Recruitment Coordinator
College of Criminal Justice
Sam Houston State University