2021 Virtual CJ Summer Camp
Are you a high school student age 15-18 interested in criminal justice? Would you like to gain hands-on experience in criminal justice? Would you like to meet federal and state law enforcement agents, professors, current SHSU criminal justice students, and other high school students that share your interest?
If you have dreams of a career in criminal justice, come get a glimpse of the real deal in a three day long virtual summer camp. Campers will have an opportunity to speak to professionals in the criminal justice field. They will also engage in virtual activities that will give them hands-on experience, such as investigating a mock crime scene, and opportunities to speak directly to experienced professionals.
Past camps have had speakers from the DEA, U.S. Marshals, FBI, Houston Fire Investigation, U.S. Military Police, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Harris County Medical Examiner's office, Huntsville Police, and Sam Houston State University.
Come experience three days in the field of criminal justice! We have limited space, so don’t hesitate! Apply today!
CJ Summer Camp 2021 Dates
- Session 1: June 15th - 17th CLOSED
- Session 2: June 29th - July 1st
- Session 3: July 13th - 15th
- Session 4: July 27th - 29th CLOSED
Summer Camp Forms
- The cost of this year's camp is $150 for the 3 day virtual camp.
- Participants must be 15-18 years of age at the time of the designated camp session.
- All applications must be postmarked by May 21, 2021.
- Notification letters will be mailed out by May 28, 2021.
- Complete camp payment must be received no later than June 1, 2021.
- No refund will be given if cancelation is within two weeks of designated camp session.
For more information about CJ Summer Camp, please contact:
Victor Henson II, MA, Events Specialist
College of Criminal Justice
Sam Houston State University