2024 CJ Summer Camp
Are you a high school student aged 15-17 interested in criminal justice? Would you like to gain hands-on experience in criminal justice? Would you like to meet federal and state law enforcement agents, professors, current SHSU criminal justice students, and other high school students that share your interest?
If you have dreams of a career in criminal justice, come get a glimpse of the real deal in a four day in person summer camp. Campers will have an opportunity to speak to professionals in the criminal justice field. They will also engage in activities that will give them hands-on experience, such as investigating a mock crime scene, and opportunities to speak directly to experienced professionals.
Past camps have included speakers from the DEA, U.S. Marshals, FBI, Houston Fire Investigation, U.S. Military Police, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Harris County Medical Examiner's office, Huntsville Police, and Sam Houston State University.
Come experience four days in the field of criminal justice! We have limited space, so don’t hesitate! Apply today!
CJ Summer Camp 2024 Dates
- Session 1: June 9th - 13th
- Session 2: June 23rd - June 27th
- Session 3: July 7th - 11th
Summer Camp Forms
- The cost of this year's camp is $695. This includes living accommodations in an on-campus dorm, as well as all meals and activities.
- Round trip airport transportation is offered from George Bush Intercontinental Airport ONLY for an additional $150 fee.
- Participants must be 15-17 years of age at the time of the designated camp session.
- All applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2024. Students will be notified by mail no later than May 15, 2024 if they have been selected.
- Complete camp payment must be received no later than June 2, 2024.
- No refund will be given if cancelation is within two weeks of designated camp session.
For more information about CJ Summer Camp, please contact:
College of Criminal Justice
Sam Houston State University