The Department of Counselor Education in the College of Education prepares professionals to be leaders in a variety of settings including schools, agencies, institutions of higher education, and private practices.
The department offers the following:
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Master of Education in School Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Counselor Education (CACREP Accredited)
- Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy
Courses are offered at our SHSU Main Campus, Online, and The Woodlands Center.