Gifts to the College enhance the essentials of a great educational environment - effective teaching, student activities, modern classrooms and technology, and emergency scholarships. Gifts from donors and corporate contributors support every student of the College, every day.
Ways to Give Now
- Designate your Annual Fund gift to the College When contributing to the SHSU Annual Fund, be sure to designate your gift to the College of Business Administration. The fastest and easiest way to donate is online.
- Will your employer match your gift? CHECK ONLINE to see if your employer has a matching gift program -- and multiply the impact of your gift!
- Sponsor a Classroom The Building on Excellence program is a contribution campaign that offers a limited number of recognition opportunities to individuals and/or organizations who pledge financial support to the College by sponsoring a classroom within the facility. Each sponsored area is identified with a beautiful, custom-made commemorative plaque. Sponsorship payments - and resulting tax savings - may be allocated over a five-year period. Employers' matching gifts may be applied to reduce the cost of sponsorship. Call (936) 294-4997 for availability then, to reserve your classroom, complete and return a Statement of Intent.
Plan Now to Give in the Future
- Make a Bequest A bequest can be included in a new will or added as an amendment to an existing will. Example: I give (dollar amount or percentage of estate) to the College of Business Administration at Sam Houston State University.
- Consider Life Insurance Name the College of Business Administration as beneficiary for all or a portion of your policy. Example: Tim's family situation has changed and he feels he no longer needs as much life insurance coverage. Tim has designated 50% of the policy proceeds to his brother and 50% to the College of Business Administration.
- Designate Retirement Funds Use a portion of your retirement accounts to make a deductible gift today, or bequest remaining funds to the College.
- Create a Trust Depending on the type of trust you establish, you may receive steady income, realize tax savings, avoid capital gains taxes, and shield your assets while making a meaningful gift to the College.
For more information about gifts to the College, call the Dean's Office at (936) 294-4997.