Service: Computer Accounts
Provides campus constituents access to the university computer systems, including electronic storage, e-mail, and ERP systems.
Standard Service Features
- Save files securely
- Colaborate with Collegues
- Provides a campus file storage that is backed up.
Optional Service Features
Quota increases to email and S-drive storage for faculty and staff can be initiated through a Work Order.
- SHSU desktops or laptops with network access
- Remote Desktop
- SSL VPN Web Access: http://secure.shsu.edu/
24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
- Be a current SHSU employee
- A working network connection
- An Internet ready, working desktop or laptop
- Active student or employment status
This service is obtained by becoming an employee, student, or retiree of SHSU. Once an individual is accepted as a student or is hired and all paperwork processed, an email is sent to the email address provided on their application with instructions to activate their computer account.
Help with this service may be obtained through the IT@Sam Service Desk, (936) 294-1950