The Graduate Certificate in Sociology is designed for post-baccalaureate students interested in attaining the necessary expertise to teach sociology at the high school and community college levels. The program will provide current teachers with the skills and knowledge to teach courses in the area of sociology.
Upon completion of the certificate program, students will have:
- Expertise in core sociological theories, concepts, and methods;
- Expertise in multiple topical areas in sociology;
- Knowledge of sociology pedagogy;
- Competency to teach sociology courses at the community college and high school levels.
The program is intended to serve:
- Community college teachers
- High school teachers
The Graduate Certificate in Sociology is an 18-hour certificate. It entails three required courses and three elective courses. The certificate is designed to be taken fully online. Full-time students will be able to complete the program in a year.