Visitor Services seeks to maximize recruiting opportunities with any event that brings potential students to campus. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to host events on campus through event planning and facilitation. Our Coordinator and Recruitment Specialists will be with you every step of the way as you plan and host your event on our campus. If you have a question about hosting a conference, recruitment event, or special event, please contact us!
- Registration - We have an online registration system that accepts payments.
- Event Check-in
- Registration Packing - Packets with program and or recruiting materials.
- Promo items/Giveaways - We offer some for free, and can usually help get good prices on others.
- Interactive Mobile Program App - Guidebook
Logistics and Facilitation
- Campus Reservations - Space rentals, University Hotel, athletic facilities, etc.
- Catering Orders
- Transportation Arrangements
- Scheduling of Departmental Representatives - We help you determine if your program would benefit from the involvement of another department, potentially as a guest speaker.
- Centralized campus billing - if you incur any costs for campus facilities, we coordinate payments to allow you to make just one event payment.
Exploring College Education and Life
These recruitment programs offer students a chance to explore a specific academic area of SHSU. We help you plan a day to allow for students to visit with your faculty members and students, learn about how to become a student at SHSU, and what it is like to study in your academic program.