The Center for Diversity & Intercultural Affairs is hosting the 16th annual Diversity Leadership Conference on February 21-22, 2020 at Sam Houston State University. This conference is an outstanding student-led event designed to address diversity and leadership issues and their application in student development, higher education, and the global society. In 2020, we anticipate over 700 participants will attend our conference.
By attending and participating in the 2020 Diversity Leadership Conference at Sam Houston State University, conference attendees will:
- Have knowledge of various cultures that exist and be able to effectively communicate cross-culturally.
- Be aware of and have the ability to explore their own identity.
- Appreciate the ways in which they are different from each other while at the same time, explore ways they are similar to each other.
- Understand the terminologies and vocabulary related to diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism.
- Develop skills of being an inclusive leader that values the effort and participation of everyone.
- Make a positive influence within their own community.
The conference is completely free to all SHSU students and is a low and modest amount to anyone outside of the SHSU community. We are only able to do this with the help of generous organizations like yours. As a sponsor of the Diversity Leadership Conference, you will be included in the Conference Booklet, Press Release, and Website! Additionally, your donation may be a tax deduction for your business.
We thank you for your help and look forward to working with you in the future. We sincerely hope you will consider donating to this exciting event. For more information about sponsorship of the 16th Annual Diversity Leadership Conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "DLC Sponsorship" in the subject.