The Diversity Leadership Conference is the fastest growing diversity conference in the state of Texas! It is an outstanding student-led event designed to address diversity and leadership issues and their application in student development, higher education, and the global society.
The conference, which is entering its 15th year, broadens horizons in a tactful and engaging manner through keynote speakers, interactive presentations and workshop sessions.
By attending and participating in the 2019 Diversity Leadership Conference at Sam Houston State University, students, staff and faculty will:
- Have knowledge of various cultures that exist and be able to effectively communicate cross-culturally.
- Be aware of and have the ability to explore their own identity.
- Appreciate the ways in which they are different from each other while at the same time, explore ways they are similar to each other.
- Understand the terminologies and vocabulary related to diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism.
- Develop skills of being an inclusive leader that values the effort and participation of everyone.
- Make a positive influence within their own community