Staff Council Mission Statement
Staff Council advocates for and represents the interests of staff to the administration of Sam Houston State University. As a collective voice, Staff Council provides staff with opportunities to succeed through networking and development.
To accomplish these objectives, Staff Council will:
- Act as a liaison between staff and the administration of SHSU regarding interests and concerns of Staff.
- Provide opportunities on campus and within the community for staff to reflect SHSU’s motto of service.
- Provide staff with learning and development opportunities.
- Recognize and promote contributions and accomplishments of staff at SHSU.
- Provide networking opportunities to enhance cooperation and camaraderie amongst staff.