What can I do there?
- Scouts@SAM is scheduled for Saturday, March 3, 2018 and is designed for Cadettes and Seniors.
- Girls will work on journey requirements in classes taught by SHSU experts in their fields.
- Troops are encouraged to make a weekend of their visit and camp during the Scouts@SAM weekend by making reservations with Huntsville State Park.
How much does Scouts@SAM cost? What do I get for that fee?
Registration for Scouts@SAM day program is tentatively set for $35 per girl. This includes:
- journey class
- journey workbook
- all-you-can-eat lunch at Old Main Market
- commemorative Scouts@SAM patch
Do you need adults to help?
Yes! Every troop that sends Scouts to Scouts@SAM will need to register at least one adult (Troop leader, or parent for Juliettes) at no cost to ensure the Scouts are behaving appropriately and to be available for emergencies. Permission slips and medical forms must be provided by troop leader (or parent/guardian for Juliettes) for each girl attending.
What journeys are available?
The following is the list of Journeys offered in 2016
- Cadette Journey: Media
- Cadette Journey: Amaze
- Senior Journey: Mission: Sisterhood!
- Senior Journey: Sow What
Do the classes last all day?
Yes, each journey will last for the full program.
Do any of the classes have prerequisites? Is there any additional information about the badge class I want to take?
Any prerequisite information will be sent after registration. The Journey should be completed in the course of the day, except for the Take Action project.
What are the hours for Scouts@SAM?
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
How will I know what badge requirements my Scout completed?
Each Girl Scout will receive a record of her accomplishments before leaving the badge day to give to troop leader. Badges will not be awarded at Scouts@SAM.
When can I register for Scouts@SAM classes?
Registration will open in January through the GS San Jacinto Council, please stay tuned.
For additional comments or inquiries please contact us at
e:email@example.com p:936.294.1844 f:936.294.4818