- Move-in will take place over four days (January 8-11)
- Each resident will choose an appointment (day/time) to move in via the MySam housing portal
- Residents should limit the number of family members or friends assisting with move-in
COVID Testing & Other Information
Because we want you to stay healthy in this new year, we are sharing some information from the Student Health Center to help you navigate and battle the resurgence of COVID.
- At move in, you will be offered a free Abbott Binax rapid over-the-counter home test kit during your check in process, while supplies last. Please check your health status before you go to class
- The Student Health Center and Residence Life Offices are following CDC guidance for students, faculty and staff
- Check the COVID-19 website daily for the most up-to-date information
- If you test positive for COVID or are exposed by close contact to a person who has tested positive for COVID, you will have to isolate and quarantine at an off-campus location
- In certain cases where circumstances do not allow you to return to your off-campus residence, the university has limited housing available for isolation to be used on a case-by-case basis under the direction of the Student Health Center
- Consider wearing a well-fitting mask when you are in public areas
- If you are not feeling well, don’t go to class or campus activities and call the Student Health Center for an appointment
- Wash your hands OFTEN and use hand sanitizer
Our goal is to keep you healthy, on campus, and support your academic success! Please partner with us to make your Spring 2022 semester a success.
For more information about COVID testing and protocols, please visit the Student Health Center page. All other questions and concerns can be sent to the Residence Life Office by calling (936) 294-1812 Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or to the e-mail email@example.com.
*We will also utilize our KatSafe messaging system for urgent communications. If you are not signed up for KatSafe, please visit the KatSafe website.