Faculty/Staff Golf Tournament Rules and Regulations
- Tournament is a 4-person, scramble format
- All foursomes are limited to 1 "A" player
- Golf foursomes can consist of all men, all women, or any combination thereof
- At least 3 members of a foursome must be a current faculty or staff member.
- The fourth player (if not current faculty/staff) may be 1) a SHSU retiree, or 2) a spouse/partner of a current faculty/staff member.
- Spouse/partners must play in the same foursome as their spouse/partner.
- All men will hit from the modified blue tee boxes
- All women will hit from the green tee boxes
- Single entries will be accepted
- If teams have 3 players(in advance or on the tournament day) the Rec Sports Dept. will fill the 4th player's spot
- Bogey is your friend. Report scores no higher than a bogey on your scorecard. If you miss your par put on any given hole, pick-up and move on to the next hole recording a bogey.
- Players must also adhere to all course rules when participating in the tournament
- Any decisions on differences of opinion/interpretation on all rules are made by the events coordinator the day of the tournament and are final.
- Contact the Raven Nest Clubhouse for weather updates the day of the scramble: (936) 438-8588.
- Only two riders and two bags allowed per cart
- Each player must have their own golf bag and equipment
- No metal spikes or athletic cleats
- All ball marks, divots, and sand/bunker must be repaired, replaced, or raked.
- Carts must obey the 90 degree rule unless directed otherwise
- Golf carts must be kept out of long native grass
- Golfers are responsible for course and equipment damage
- All tournament players must keep up with pace of play
- Proper attire must be worn at all times
If you have any questions, please contact Ed Chatal at (936) 294-1985.