To transform the Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) at SHSU in to an optimized PMO center of excellence using industry defined best practices.
Mission and Goals
The mission of the IT PMO is to establish and implement best practices for the benefit of the University in a way that encourages collaboration standardization, and overall improvement by identifying, prioritizing, and successfully executing a technology portfolio of initiatives and projects that are aligned with the University and the IT division strategic goals and educational vision.
The PMO goals are to obtain committed executive champions to allow PMO staff to consistently perform the following:
- Deliver projects within scope
- Deliver projects on time
- Deliver projects within budget
- Provide excellent customer satisfaction
- Capture and communicate project status effectively
- Allow for iterative changes to projects as needed using evaluation, documentation, and key approvals
- Improve project management methodologies and processes to drive process excellence
- Ensure project standards meet IT security, University, and Texas State Compliance