- Once I have received my merchandise or service, what should I do?
Once the merchandise or service is received, please create the receipt in BKB.
- I created a PO, when will it be paid?
Before the PO is paid, Disbursements must receive an invoice from the vendor. Upon receipt, Disbursements will enter the invoice into BKB. The department must then create a receipt in BKB. Once the PO/Receipt/Invoice match, the payment will process.
- What is a receipt in BKB?
A receipt in BKB is the department’s electronic pay approval.
- I attached the invoice to the receipt in BKB, will the PO get paid?
If the department receives and attaches the invoice to receipt/PO in BKB, they must add a comment to Disbursements’ Clerk that the invoice is attached.
- What should I do if I only receive 3 of my 5 items ordered?
You should receipt for the items received on the day you actually receive them. Add a comment to the status of the items not received.
- If I return my damaged item, do I cancel my PO?
No, you will need to receipt and return in BKB. Do not cancel the PO line or lines for item or items returned. Departments must pay the original invoice. Once the vendor receives the returned items, a credit will be issued by the vendor. Disbursements will enter the credit directly into your departmental FOP once credit has been received.
- What do I do if vendor is calling me about payment status?
First, go to your PO in BKB. Review the Invoice Tab in BKB to confirm all invoices have a Payment Status of “Payable.” If in payable status, look in Banner (FOIDOCH) to confirm invoice has posted in Banner to pay.
- What can I do if my invoice was paid from the incorrect FOP?
All corrections are made by General Accounting in the Controller’s Office.
- I did not receive my full order, should I wait to receipt my PO until ALL items are received?
No, please receipt items as they are received.
- What is PaymentWorks?
PaymentWorks is a third party vendor that assists Sam Houston State University in obtaining accurate TIN’s data via a secure network. (TIN - Taxpayer Identification Number)
- How do I know if I should send a PaymentWorks invite?
The department should first research Banner vendor maintenance (FTIIDEN) to see if the vendor exists in Banner. If the vendor exists in Banner but not in BKB, contact India Love at email@example.com and request that the vendor by synced from Banner to BKB. If the vendor does not exist in Banner, the department must then submit a new vendor invite via PaymentWorks.
- What do I do if I do not have access to PaymentWorks?
Contact Disbursements at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting information/training and access to PaymentWorks.