The Proposal Development Division is responsible for assisting and guiding investigators throughout the pre-award process. This is the first stop for faculty and staff interested in applying for external funding.
Meet the Proposal Development Team to begin the process.
• Identifying funding sources and opportunities
• Reviewing requests for proposals (RFPs)
• Locating and supporting internal and external collaborators
• Creating timelines from conception to submission with clear milestones
• Reviewing proposals for adherence to sponsor-specific guidelines
• Thorough reviews of proposals, providing comments to improve clarity and readability (if time allows).
Proposal Development Process
- Initial Project Conception
- Explore Funding Opportunities Related to Your Project
- Notifying ORSP Proposal Development and Developing the Proposal
- Submitting a Proposal Notification Form (PNF)
- Developing the Budget and Justification
- Proposal Routing and Submission
- Preparing for any Compliance Needs
- Award Notification
Disclaimer Change – Although the above process describes a typical grant proposal, all proposals are different and the Principal Investigator may enter the process at any point. However, ALL grant submissions require ORSP approval prior to submission.