All normal purchasing rules and policies must be followed when making technology purchase regardless of funding source.
First, check the pre-approved list to see if the item you wish to procure is already approved. If so, proceed with your purchase through BearkatBuy or by using your P-Card. Again, be sure that you follow normal purchasing rules and policies.
If your requested item is not on the pre-approved list, the process for purchasing will be as follows.
- Place your request through Cherwell. Include the following details:
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Contact Information (email and phone number)
- Name of Software/Service/Subscription
- URL of the product
- Any specific timeline needs
- If hardware, we will review and provide you an IT Purchase form (Technology Oversight Approval), skip to step 7.
- If non-hardware purchase, IT will work with you to obtain any remaining information needed from you to proceed with reviewing your request.
- Parallel Waiver for non-hardware purchases.
- A parallel waiver will allow you to move forward with your purchase in parallel with the IT review of your request. These are provided in low risk purchases, renewals, and/or when there is a tight time constraint.
- A parallel waiver allows you to accept the risk that your purchase may not meet state requirements and you would need to transition from your software or service to one that does meet state requirements.
- Required IT Reviews
- ADA Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- You will receive and IT Purchase form (TOA) approval or an IT exception form.
- Proceed with your order. Attach documentation of IT approval form with your PCard expense report or BearkatBuy requisition.