Technology Procurement Process
IT has reviewed the items listed below and has determined that they are approved for departmental purchase. If the item you seek is on the list below, IT@Sam will not need to be involved and you can follow your procurement options.
Please remember controlled items may not be purchased on the p-card since IT has not reviewed the devices prior to purchase and they may not operate as expected. Please make sure to review IT-10 in regards to any Flash Drives or External Storage devices.
- Approved IT@Sam Printers
- Audio Recorders
- Cables, Cords, and other items to connect or extend USB devices, monitors, etc...
- Carrying cases, bags or other protective casings for mobile devices
- Copiers (which do not require a network connection ie. network scanning or emailing)
- IT will have to process the PO but the department will need to negotiate the contract and find the vendor
- Digital cameras and their memory cards
- DVD/Blu-Ray players
- Gaming devices – Wii, Xbox, Playstation, etc.
- Gifts or awards
- Mobile Device (laptop, ipad...) Accessories
- USB flash/thumb/jump drives not requiring a power supply
- external hard drives typically require a power supply, and are NOT approved for purchase without review.
- Adobe Stock
- AP StyleGuard
- Dymo Label Software
- Junos Pulse Client
- Live Meeting
- Snag It
- TeamMate Analytics
If the item you seek is not listed above, submit a ticket to IT@Sam providing as many details as possible to help expedite the request.
If you have an urgent request, please send a follow up e-mail or call the Service Desk (email@example.com, x4-1950) with reference to the ticket number that you submitted. Please also include the following information:
- Primary contact for detailed questions about the request
- Is this a new or renewal purchase? If this is a renewal, please provide reference to any past purchases.
- Do you plan on purchasing this with a p-card?
- The expected amount, if known. Also, if you have already obtained a quote, contract or agreement, please attach that to the work order.
- An explanation of why the purchase is required.
- How it will be used?
- Who will be using it?
- Where will they use it?
- Relevant dates involved with the request
- Does it need to be installed and working by a specific date?
- Does it need to be received by a specific date?