Your SHSU email account is almost ready for its voyage to the cloud this spring!
Need a recap?
As SHSU grows, it is important that our technology grows with us. The transition of SHSU’s email system to the cloud will provide our system with the capacity to expand with us.
What are the benefits?
Your email will work exactly the same, with a few extra features. (Think: more storage space, increased sending limits, larger attachment sizes and enhanced security features)
What do I need to do?
Keep an eye out for an email with the subject line: Action Required: SHSU Email Account. This email will have your official upgrade date and a list of actions that you will need to complete afterward to ensure your move to the cloud is successful. Remember: Our IT@Sam Service Desk is always available to assist you.
- Outlook Web App (only): Clear your cache to ensure you are automatically. redirected to the new Office 365 Outlook website (http://outlook.shsu.edu) from http://mail.shsu.edu to access your email.
- Windows Outlook: Simply re-enter your password.
- Mac Outlook: Delete and re-add your email account.
- Mobile Email Applications: Update your email account on your Apple or Android
- Zoom Calendar: Reset Zoom integration with your Outlook calendar.
- Jabber Chat Transcripts: Reset Cisco Jabber’s server settings if you want the Outlook “Cisco Jabber Chats” folder to continue archiving your chat conversations.
Shared Mailboxes: Until your shared mailboxes (e.g., department or committee account) are migrated to the cloud, the ability to send emails from them will be temporarily unavailable using your Outlook desktop application. Access and send emails from your shared mailboxes by entering this link, https://mail.shsu.edu/owa/, in a web browser followed by your shared mailbox address (e.g., https://email@example.com).
We know this seems like a lot, but we promise you are in good hands. Throughout this last year, we researched, practiced, completed and transitioned several of our own team members to the cloud. We know you will be pleased with the results.
Do you still have questions? Contact the IT@Sam Service Desk and we will be happy to speak with you!