Green Construction and Sustainability in South Korea
Green Construction and Sustainability in South Korea provides the experiences of green construction projects in South Korea to students who major or minor in Construction Management and the program encourages the students to participate in overseas green construction projects. Korean construction industry is one of the fastest implementors to adopt high-technologies for green construction projects for sustainability and they has various types of projects from residential projects to nuclear power plants. Students can enhance their career opportunities worldwide and broaden their viewpoints globally by exposing green construction for sustainability in South Korea.
Instruction on-campus: July 1-8, 2020
Instruction abroad: July 10-26, 2020
- ETEC 4369: Green Construction and Sustainability
Prerequisite: Minimum overall or major GPA of 2.5 I a junior or a senior/ Approval of faculty, program coordinator and chair.
Housing at Hanyang University-Erica.
Students will be asked to book their own flights. DO NOT book your flights until receiving specific instruction to do so.
$1,690 (including a $300 non-refundable deposit to secure a spot in the program)
- Includes: Housing at Hanyang University-Erica, 2 activities (cultural field trips including a transportation) offered by Hanyang University-Erica, and Maximum 2 non-credit courses (i.e. Financial management, Urban Environment and Universal Design, Korean Popular Culture and Korean Wave, Past and Future of K-Pop, and more.)
- Not Included: airfare, regular SHSU tuition & fees* (summer semester), $200 Study Abroad Service Fee, most meals, books and supplies, spending money
*Note: Faculty-led, out-of-country courses do not charge 3 fees: Rec Center, Student Center and Health Center=$275, as opposed to on-campus courses.
PROGRAM PAYMENT DEADLINES
- $300 deposit due within 1 week of acceptance into program
- $300 payment due 2/10/2020
- $400 payment due 3/10/2020
- $690 Remaining Program Balance due 4/10/2020
FACULTY LEADER CONTACT INFO
Dr. Min Suh
March 1, 2020
Please submit completed program applications to the Study Abroad Coordinator.
After your Application has been approved and the $300 deposit paid, please submit the additional post-acceptance documents to the Study Abroad Coordinator that are listed on the Faculty-Led study abroad homepage.