Costa Rica Global STEM Business Applications and Innovation
This faculty-led course designed to provide Engineering Technology students exposure to new STEM relations between high tech and innovation with conservation and environment. It explains the essential methods and tools of Technology Management. Starting at fundamental definitions and the self-image of technology managers, it covers design thinking, project management; and prototyping. The Technology Management course also allows students to increase their interest in other cultures, become less ethnocentric as they become aware of cultural differences, develop language skills within a cultural context and become more culturally sensitive and accepting. Students can make professional contacts, gain a sense of direction for their future career and gain a sense of responsibility in working on a project.
Instruction on-campus: May 8 & May 26, 2020
Instruction abroad: May 9-24, 2020
- ETEC 4369: Special Topics in Industrial Tech: Technology Management
Prerequisite: Approval of faculty, program coordinator and chair.
Student will be staying in residence halls 10 minutes from the Fidelitas University San Pedro Campus. Campus Residencias: http://campuscostarica.com/
Flights will be booked by the faculty leader and students will be traveling to Costa Rica as a group. The cost of flight is included in the program fee.
$2,950 (including a $300 non-refundable deposit to secure a spot in the program)
- Includes: airfare to Costa Rica, lodging, meals, all in-country travel with the group, all site visits part of the program.
- Not Included: regular SHSU tuition & fees* (summer semester), $200 Study Abroad Service Fee, most meals, books and supplies, spending money
*Note: Faculty-led, out-of-country courses do not charge 3 fees: Rec Center, Student Center and Health Center=$275, as opposed to on-campus courses.
PROGRAM PAYMENT DEADLINES
- $300 non-refundable deposit due within 1 week of acceptance into program (assessed upon acceptance)
- $500 payment due February 10th
- $500 payment due March 10th
- $1,650 Remaining Program Balance due April 10th
FACULTY LEADER CONTACT INFO
Dr. Mahdi Safa
March 1, 2020
Please submit completed program applications to the Study Abroad Coordinator.
After your Application has been approved and the $300 deposit paid, please submit the additional post-acceptance documents to the Study Abroad Coordinator that are listed on the Faculty-Led study abroad homepage.