Exchange Programs


What is an Exchange Program?

  • Pay tuition and fees to SHSU and a $200 Study Abroad Service Fee
  • Attend classes at one of our partner universities listed below
  • Take at least 12 credits at the partner university
  • Receive transfer SHSU credit (SHSU grades awarded per course are "CR" (Credit) if passed or "NC" (No Credit) if not successfully completed)
  • Pay housing & meals to the host university
  • Financial Aid can apply & scholarships are available

Information Guide for Studying Abroad on an Exchange or Affiliated Transfer Credit Program

Application Documents Required for an Exchange Program:

Prior to Acceptance
Exchange Program Application Copy of Unofficial Transcript
After Acceptance into Program
Course Equivalency Form Emergency Contact Form
Proof of Health Insurance Liability Waiver
Behavior Contract Pre-Travel Health Survey
Transcript Release Form Consortium Agreement
Copy of Passport (valid 6 months beyond date of return to US)
Copy of Visa (if applicable) Copy of Flight Itinerary
Copy of Letter of Acceptance to Program (or other documentation verifying enrollment)
Optional Items/Not Required for All Students
Financial Aid Budget Increase Form OIP Study Abroad Scholarship Application

Semester Long Exchange Programs

Summer Exchange Programs

Course Equivalency Guide
Examples of courses that students took abroad that were approved for SHSU credit

Connect with Us

    Study Abroad
    Picture of Malin Hilmersson Malin Hilmersson
    Study Abroad Coordinator   936.294.3276  F116E Make an appointment