Spring and Fall 2019
Management & Marketing
What is a Bearkats Abroad Ambassador?
A Bearkats Abroad Ambassador is a study abroad alumni that serves as a student liaison between the Bearkat population and the SHSU Office of International Programs. Bearkats Abroad Ambassadors organize and participate in study abroad programming throughout the year! You’ll be tabling, reaching out to student organizations to present, and giving talks in residence halls!
What do Ambassadors do?
- Be an official student representative for the Office of International Programs
- Assist in organizing and participating in study abroad events
- Organize and run student-led outreach events all over campus
- Talk to students about your personal study abroad journey
What are the requirements to be an Ambassador
- Be a current SHSU student
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA and be in good academic standing
- Have study abroad experience from any SHSU study abroad program
What are the benefits?
- Volunteer/Internship Hours*
- Develop public speaking and event organization skills
- Network with other study abroad alumni
- Study Abroad T-Shirt
- Graduation Cord
- LinkedIn Professional Recommendation *internship is dependent on academic program requirements
Where do I apply?
Sign-ups open late every Spring semester for new Bearkat Abroad ambassadors. Check back during the end of the Spring semester for more info!
Connect with Us
Study Abroad Coordinator
|email@example.com||936.294.3276||Farrington 116C||Make an appointment|