Come to Sam Houston State University where you will make memories and friends to last a lifetime! In addition, if you are transferring from a community college in the US, you may qualify for a Bearkat Transfer Scholarship. This could qualify you for in-state tuition!
General Requirements for International Graduate and Undergraduate Student Applications:
- Completed application for admission and a non-refundable application fee - $75 for undergraduate effective Summer 2011; $75 for graduate effective Summer 2011.
- Original course-by-course evaluation of foreign educational credentials. This requirement may not apply to all graduate applications.
- Proof of financial support.
- Official transcripts.
- Applicable admittance exams (see the appropriate online catalogue for more details).
- Meningitis vaccinations.
- International student applications should be completed and received no later than 90 days before the beginning of the initial semester of enrollment.
- Students applying from outside the U.S. must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based or 79 iBt or 6.5 IELTS. If a student's first language is English, a TOEFL score may not be required; however an ACT or SAT score will be required for undergraduate students. An individual college within the University may establish a higher TOEFL score for admission to a particular program.
- Bearkat Transfer Scholarship
- Information about Huntsville http://www.huntsvilletexas.com
- Off Campus Housing List
- Ten Reasons to come to SHSU
- English Language Institute
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estimated Expenses
- Minimum official TOEFL score of 550 paper based, 79 internet based or 6.5 IELTS
- For more information: email@example.com
Admission Tests TOEFL
- ACT or SAT
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
The Office of International Programs (OIP) is responsible for all international students and scholars once they arrive at Sam Houston State University. We are glad to assist each department here at SHSU in bringing international students, visiting scholars/researchers and international faculty members to our campus.
International students and scholars that have questions regarding their time here at SHSU can always visit us in OIP. We are located in the Farrington Building, room 116. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (936) 294-4737.
OIP provides information on most immigration issues and concerns for all international students and scholars here at SHSU. We are glad to help with other issues such as cultural adjustment, language barrier, financial problems, and health related matters during your time at SHSU. OIP offer several events during the year for all international students and scholars at SHSU.
JOIN us on FACEBOOK or TWITTER
Director of International Programs
|Dana Van De Walker
Recruiter and Special Programs Coordinator
International Student Advisor