EAP is available for employees and their dependents who may be affected by the horrific event in Uvalde. The tragic events that continue to happen can challenge us to support our kids. Please take a moment to read this helpful article and feel free to share it with any employees whom may be struggling to find the words. If you are having a difficult time please stay off the news and social media. Take the time to talk to someone.
Articles for Coping
- Helping your children manage distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Coping in the Aftermath of a Shooting
Use "shsu" for the username and password for the following articles.
- Helping Children Cope with a Crisis - This page breaks down how children react to disaster by age group.
- Grief Loss - This page multiple articles & videos on grief & loss that you may find to be helpful to discuss or provide to family members.
- Deadly Act of Violence - This article refers to how this may affect individuals.
- Talking to Children about Terrorism - This article refers on how to discuss tips on speaking w/ your children on terroristic acts.
UTEAP is available for in the moment support 24/7; 365 days a year so please call at 1-800-346-3549 or send a contact request to: https://www.uth.edu/uteap/about-us/contact-us