The Texas State University System Foundation (Foundation) established the Edmund P. Kuempel Scholarship Program to provide financial assistance to worthy and deserving students, to encourage academic excellence, and to recognize student leadership and achievements. Through this program, students in any associate or baccalaureate degree program at any TSUS component institution may receive financial assistance to help complete their degrees. The Edmund P. Kuempel Scholarship Program provides a one-time, $5,000 grant to selectees to pay for tuition, required fees, living expenses, and/or educational materials. The scholarship will be credited to the student’s financial account at the TSUS component institution. The number of scholarships will be determined annually by the TSUS Foundation Board of Directors.
Criteria for Candidates
- The candidate must be a student at, or be accepted for admission to and enroll in, a TSUS component institution.
- The candidate must have declared a course of study, or a current student must be enrolled in a course of study, which results in an associate or baccalaureate degree.
- The candidate must have completed 12 hours of coursework at an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.5. If coursework was completed at a non-TSUS institution, it must be transferable to the TSUS component institution. If the candidate is a freshman, he or she must have achieved a score of at least 28 on the ACT, 1310 on the two-part SAT, or 1840 on the three-part SAT, and test scores shall be provided.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a legal resident of the state of Texas.
- The candidate must not have received the scholarship previously.
- December 4th, 2018 by 5:00pm CST
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write an essay between 500 - 800 words stating your interest in public or community service. For any current service experience describe your role in the organization, the type of organization, the total hours of service you dedicated and period of time.
- Please include your full name, Sam ID and declared major on the cover page of your essay.
- Submit completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline. The TSUS Foundation Board will approve or disapprove the candidates during its regular February meeting. The foundation Executive Director will inform each selectee's financial aid office by March 1st each year.