Raven Scholars is an award program dedicated to honoring outstanding upperclassmen and graduate students at Sam Houston State University. The purpose of the Raven Scholars program is to recognize our top students who have achieved academic success as well as integrated campus life, service, and leadership into their college career. An annual award banquet will be held each spring to distinguish these exemplary students.
For a student to be eligible for Raven Scholars, he or she
- Must be nominated by a University faculty, or staff
- Must have a SHSU GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Must be currently enrolled for at least 12 hours at SHSU
- Must be classified as at least a Junior standing by the beginning of the semester nominations are conducted
- Transfer students must have at least 2 long semesters at SHSU for a total of 30 semester hours
- Graduate students must have an undergraduate degree from SHSU or have completed 18 hours at SHSU and be presently enrolled for 9 hours (an exception should be made for assistant instructors who are teaching a full load of 6 hours and enrolled in 6 hours)
2020 Raven Scholars
Yuan Ping Lien
Julio Valdez Rodriguez
For more information about the Raven Scholars Program, please contact the Office of Student Engagement & Retention.
Phone: (936) 294-2714