- Basics of the Tuition and Fee Installment Payment Plan
Basics of the Tuition and Fee Installment Plan
- 5 installment payments are due during the semester
- $30 cost for enrolling in the installment plan (Non-Refundable)
- Have to sign up each semester through MySam and the Student Account Center
- All previous semester balances must be paid in full prior to enrolling in a plan
- Can be added through 10:00 pm on the 20th class day each semester (see Academic Calendar for actual date)
- Adding classes or charges will increase installment amounts due
What does the installment plan cover?
- Tuition and Fees
- Housing Charges
- Meal Plans
- Parking Permits
- Other charges excluding fines
PAYMENT IN FULL IS DUE IN THE BURSAR’S OFFICE BY 5:00 PM, CST OR 10:00 PM, CST IF PAID ONLINE, ON THE APPROPRIATE DUE DATE
- Semester Installment Deadlines
Fall Semester Installment Deadlines:
- 1st payment for enrollment, 10% minimum due on August 20, 2019 or at enrollment if enrollment date is on or after August 20, 2019.
- 2nd payment due on September 4, 2019 or at enrollment if enrollment date is on or
after September 4, 2019.
- 3rd payment due October 1, 2019
- 4th payment due November 1, 2019
- 5th payment due December 1, 2019
Spring Semester Installment Deadlines:
- 1st payment for enrollment, 10% minimum due on January 15, 2019 or at enrollment if enrollment date is on or after January 15, 2019
- 2nd payment due January 30, 2019 or at enrollment if enrollment date is on or after January 30, 2019
- 3rd payment due March 1, 2019
- 4th payment due April 1, 2019
- 5th payment due May 1, 2019
Installment Plan Penalties:
- SHSU will charge a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) late fee for each installment payment that is late.
- Except for the first minimum enrollment installment payment, SHSU will provide Student a nine (9) day grace period for payments to be received before the Student is charged a late fee.
- Failure to make payment of the first minimum installment payment MAY result in the loss of classes.
- Failure to make an installment payment does not automatically constitute a withdrawal from the University.
- Instructions for Selecting the Installment Plan
PAYMENT PLANS FOR SPRING 2019 WILL OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT BY NOON ON JANUARY 3, 2019.
- Students: Access the Student Account Center in My Sam on the My Account tab. Click "Sign up for a payment plan. Then Click Enroll Now.
- Parents: Access the Student Account Center here. You must first be set up as an authorized user on your student's account. Log in under "Authorized User" with your email address and password.
- The Payment Plan tab is available at the top of the page in the Student Account Center.
- Click the Payment Plan tab then click Enroll Now.
- Select the correct term from the drop down menu and View Payment Plan Details.
- Click Continue to view fees and then click Display Payment Schedule to view payment amounts and due dates.
- Click Continue to make any payments that may be due immediately.
- If a payment is due immediately, follow the steps for making a payment via credit card, electronic check, or online debit. (Not all banks support online debit payments)
- The Payment Plan Agreement is the final step. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the agreement and Check the I Agree box. If this step is not completed, the student will not be enrolled in the plan.
- Print the agreement, and
- click Continue to complete the transaction and receive a payment confirmation and receipt if applicable
Any questions should be directed to (936) 294-1083.