Sam Houston State University is committed to the continuous improvement of its programs and services. To this end, the Office of Academic Planning and Assessment is dedicated to supporting accreditation, assessment, undergraduate program review, and strategic planning efforts across the institution.
Working with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students, the office seeks to provide the necessary resources and support to foster an institutional culture of continuous improvement and shared best-practices. On our website you will find information and resources to assist you with these efforts. If you should have any questions, or need any assistance, please contact a member of our dedicated staff.
News & Updates
- SHSU was named as one of just seven members of the 2019 class of Excellence in Assessment designees, a national program aimed at recognizing colleges and universities conducting comprehensive assessment of student learning outcomes as a means to drive internal improvement and advance student success. SHSU is one of just 27 institutions to earn this award since 2016, and the first Texas college or university to do so.
- Visit our YouTube channel, where you will find helpful training videos - see Assessment Resources for more information.
- In 2018-2019 The Office of Academic Planning and Assessment awarded its most recent round of Assessment Mini-Grants. Please visit our Assessment Mini-Grant page for more information.
- Need some help navigating CampusLabs? Check out this link to our User Guide.
- Do you have questions about the assessment of online and distance education programs? Check out these Best Practices.
- Do you have assessment related questions? The Office of Academic Planning and Assessment has an Assessment FAQ to assist you.
Office of Academic Planning and Assessment
Bobby K. Marks Administration Building, Suite 208 | 1806 Ave J | Box 2394 | Huntsville, TX 77341
Phone: (936) 294-2291
Fax: (936) 294-4028