The SAM (Student Advising and Mentoring) Center offers academic advising and major exploration for all undergraduate students. Book time with your academic advisor to review your plans and stay on the grad track! Not sure who to see? Check out Who’s My Advisor before booking your appointment.
- Follow this step-by-step guide on How to Register for class.
- Find other helpful "how-to" guides here: search for a class, view holds, print your schedule, use "Plan Ahead," use DegreeWorks, Waitlist for a course, and more.
- Bookmark the Academic Calendar; never miss a deadline!
- Check out the Course Catalog for course descriptions, prerequisites, and more.
- The Registrar's Office can assist with processing schedule changes, official resignations (withdrawing from the University), dropping a course, filling requests for copies of official transcripts or duplicate diplomas, and more.
Feel lost and confused here at SHSU? Wish you had a seasoned Bearkat to ask questions and get advice from? Let our Peer Mentors help you!
Check Out These Special Programs
- Honors College, where highly competent and motivated students can develop their potential both in and out of the classroom.
- The LEAP Center (Law, Engagement, And Politics), where students' academic education is enriched by unique learning opportunities related to the fine arts, history, civil rights, literature and, in particular, law, engagement, and politics.
- Smith-Hutson Scholars, created for students with demonstrated financial need and academic potential, provides educational opportunities for Texas high school grads pursuing a baccalaureate degree from SHSU.
- ELITE & evolve, specialty programs designed to help retain and graduate minority males and transfer females, respectively.
Need to fit a course into a busy work schedule or family life? Want to sneak in an extra course to graduate early, but on your own time? SHSU Online offers over 1000 online courses for credit towards several degree programs using the latest in instructional design and technology.