Research and Instructional Development Working Papers
Listed below are the Research Working Papers and Instructional Development Papers of the Gibson D. Lewis Center for Business and Economic Development, Sam Houston State University.
They can be ordered from the Center for Business Research and Economic Development free of charge by email to CBED@shsu.edu or you can download/view them here in .pdf format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the software for free.
A = Accounting G = General Business and Finance ECO = Economics BA = Business Analysis
M = Marketing Mg = Management MIS = Management Information Systems
Faculty Working Paper Series: 1991-1999
To view working papers after this time, view the 2000-Present Working Paper Series page.
1999 Research Working Papers
- No. 99-07Mg/November 1999: "Employee Satisfaction: Strong Benefits Are Important But May Not Be Enough" by Joe Kavanaugh and Jo Ann Duffy.
- No. 99-06Mg/November 1999: "The Impact of Job Tenure/Plateauing on Health Care Workers' Job Satisfaction" by Joe Kavanaugh and Jo Ann Duffy.
- No. 99-05Mg/November 1999: "Utilization of Service Quality in Strategic Management" by Cindy Bihm and Jo Ann Duffy.
- No. 99-04 MIS/October 1999: "Evaluating Methodologies for Neural Network Multi-Step Time Series Forecasting" by Douglas Kline and Gerald Kohers.
- No. 99-03Mg/September 1999: "Important Considerations for Conducting Cross-Cultural Ethics Research: The Case of Israel" by Victor Sower and Judith Sower.
- No. 99-02M/June 1999: "CeeBee's Furniture Outlet: A Case in Strategic Management of Small Business" by Ronald Earl, Olga Thomas, Joe Kavanaugh and Paul Reed.
- No. 99-01 Mg/June 1999: "Ethical Orientations of Upper Level American and Mexican Business Students in Secular Catholic Universities" by Jennifer Spencer, Victor Sower and Mitchell Muehsam.
1998 Research Working Papers
- No. 98-03M/October 1998: "The Dimensions of Service Quality for Hospitals: Development and Use of the KQCAH Scale" by Victor Sower, Jo Ann Duffy, William Kilbourne, Gerald Kohers and Phyllis Jones.
- No. 98-02MIS/October 1998: "Optimization Models for Creating Reduced Reading Lists" by Douglas Kline.
1997 Research Working Papers
- No. 97-07A/December 1997: "A Primer on the Financial Accounting and Federal Income Tax Rules for Consolidation" by Linda Duvall and Kevin Duvall.
- No. 97-06A/September 1997: "Silence is not Golden: Further Evidence of Oral Communication Apprehension in Accounting Majors" by Elsie Ameen, Cynthia Jackson and Daryl Guffey.
- No. 97-04Mg/September 1997: "TQM Implementation in Small Business Service Settings" by Jo Ann Duffy and Ronald Earl.
- No. 97-03G/September 1997: "Identifying and Quantifying Hidden Private Environmental Costs" by Ross Quarles.
- No. 97-02G/August 1997: "Negotiation Processes in Legal Transactions" by Keith Jenkins and Charles Stowe.
- No. 97-01Mg/January 1997: "DRP & Contract Logistics: Alternatives for Distribution Efficiency" by Richard Schrader and Victor Sower.
1996 Research Working Papers
- No. 96-03G/October 1996: "Analyzing the Implications of Legal Environment on Economic Transition of Eastern European Countries into the International Market" by Charles Stowe.
- No. 96-02G/October 1996: "Toward Developing a Model for Analyzing Venture Capital Potential in Eastern Europe" by Charles Stowe.
- No. 96-01M/June 1996: "A Cross-Cultural Study of the Ethical Orientations of Potential Retail Managers" by Victor Sower.
1995 Research Working Papers
- No. 95-20A/October 1995: "Antecedents and Consequences of Job-Related Tension Among Information Systems Auditors" by Ross Quarles.
- No. 95-19A/September 1995: "How Much Does It Really Cost to be Green? The Need for an Environmental Cost Classification System" by Ross Quarles.
- No. 95-18Mg/September 1995: "Quality Circles in the University Classroom: An Evolutionary Study" by Victor Sower and Ross Lovell.
- No. 95-17G/August 1995: "Economic Value Added" by Robbie Lewis and Hadley Leavell.
- No. 95-16G/August 1995: "Community Reinvestment Act" by M. Jay Garrison, Angela Lawrence and Hadley Leavell.
- No. 95-15G/May 1995: "Bank Regulation: A Cost Comparison" by Hadley Leavell and Russell Barnett.
- No. 95-14Mg/February 1995: "New Product Development Teams: A Pilot Study" by Paul Gentry, Thomas E. Taylor III and Roger Abshire.
- No. 95-13Mg/March 1995: "A Comparison of Structural Equation Models of Service Satisfaction" by Jo Ann Duffy and Alice Ketchand.
- No. 95-12A/February 1995: "The Philosophy of History Compared to Audit Inquiry" by Carl Brewer.
- No. 95-11A/February 1995: "Theory of Audit Reporting" by Carl Brewer.
- No. 95-10M/January 1995: "Green Marketing: Salvation or Oxymoron?" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 95-09M/January 1995: "Postmodern Consumption and Ecology: Are They Compatible in a Global Order?" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 95-08M/January 1995: "Consumption Ideology and the Ecological Crisis: Is Demarketing Consumption the Solution?" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 95-07M/January 1995: "From Polemics to Discourse: A Preliminary Examination of the Ideological Character of Advertising" by William Kilbourne and Stephen Grove.
- No. 95-06M/January 1995: "Rational consumption: A Brief Historical Analysis" by William Kilbourne and Floyd Rudmin.
- No. 95-05M/January 1995: "On the Role of Critical Theory in the Analysis of Consumpion" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 95-04M/January 1995: "Consumption and the Ecological Crisis: Historical Roots" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 95-03G/January 1995: "Getting Ready for 2000! For Solo/Small Business Firms" by Charles Stowe.
- No. 95-02Mg/March 1995: "Wisconsin Central 1994: Continuing Success in the Railroad Industry" by Paul Reed and Otto Dobnick.
- No. 95-01Mg/January 1995: "Effects of Advanced Manufacturing Technology Implementation on Product Value: A Cross Sectional Survey" by Victor Sower and Roger Abshire.
1994 Research Working Papers
- No. 94-11M/October 1994: "Metaphors and Marvels: The Rise of the Mechanical World and the Demise of Nature" by William Kilbourne.
- No. 94-10M/October 1994: "Technology and Gender: A Socio-Economic Perspective" by William Kilbourne and Susan Weeks.
- No. 94-09A/August 1994: "The Recent State of the Quasi-Reorganization" by Ennis Hawkins and Don Goff.
- No. 94-08G/July 1994: "Residential Real Estate Valuation: Economic Forces and the Issue of Redlining" by Andrew Holmes and Joe James.
- No. 94-07A/July 1994: "The Environmental Timebomb: Disclose, Recognize or Disregard?" by Ennis Hawkins and Don Goff.
- No. 94-06E/BA/June 1994: "Another Look at Import Structure and Economic Growth" by George Samuels.
- No. 94-05E/BA/May 1994: "Adventures in Macroland" by David Townsend and William Green.
- No. 94-04A/May 1994: "The Mathematical Basis of Debit and Credit-An Educational Tool" by Carl Brewer.
- No. 94-03A/May 1994: "Origins of the Accounting Revolution" by Carl Brewer.
- No. 94-02Mg/May 1994: "Consequences of Implementing Statistical Process Control: An Exploratory Field Study" by Victor Sower, Charles Bimmerle and Fredrick Williams.
- No. 94-01E/BA/April 1994: "The United States in a Global Economy" by Vernon Sweeney.
1993 Research Working Papers
- No. 93-11Mg/December 1993: "The Human Elements of JIT and Service Sector Sales Professionals' Customer Orientation and Job Satisfaction" by Roger Abshire and Victor Sower.
- No. 93-10Mg/ November 1993: "Dakota Minnesota and Eastern: A Regional Railroad" by Paul R. Reed, and Carol J. Cumber.
- No. 93-09Mg/September 1993: "A Study of Employee Empowerment in Small Business" by Jo Ann Duffy, Bob Barragan and Brenda Riley.
- No. 93-08G/September 1993: "Complying with the Truth in Savings Act" by Charles Stowe, G. Keith Jenkins and Donald Brown.
- No. 93-07M/ May 1993: "The Degree of Student Involvement in Selected Marketing Courses" by Ronald Earl, Roger Abshire, and Tarina Seymour.
- No. 93-06G/May 1993: "An Investigation into the Shareholder Wealth Effects of Targeted and Open-Market Common Stock Repurchases" by Claudia Denker, Hadley Leavell and Mark Cross.
- No. 93-05E/May 1993: "Teaching the Relationships Between Production and Costs" by Bill Green.
- No. 93-04G/May 1993: "An Investigation of the Shareholder Wealth Effects of Changes in the S&P 500 Index (Finance)" by Claudia Denker, Hadley Leavell and Mark Cross.
- No. 93-03G/ May 1993: "Corporate Executives Express Need for Better Communication between the Business World and Academia" by Shirley H. Tucker, Sara A. Hart, and Mitchell J. Muehsam.
- No. 93-02E/BA/May 1993: "Improving the Teacher Effectiveness of an Economics Department" by Mitchell Muehsam and Vernon Sweeney.
- No. 93-01G/April 1993: "A Primer on the Financial Institution Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989" by Charles Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins.
1992 Research Working Papers
- No. 92-09Mg/December 1992: "Perceived Service Quality and Satisfaction Within U.S.A. Long-Term Health Care" by Jo Ann Duffy, Michael Duffy, Kevin Rowell and Karen Claridge.
- No. 92-08G/December 1992: "An Examination of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991" by Charles Stowe, Keith Jenkins and Donald Brown.
- No. 92-07Mg/August 1992: "Quality Circles in the University Classroom" by Ross Lovell and Victor Sower.
- No. 92-06Mg/August 1992: "Longitudinal Study of the Use of Statistical Process Control Among Plastics Molders in the State of Texas : Interim Report on Year Two of a Five Year Study" by Victor Sower.
- No. 92-05G/May 1992: "Texas Creates Two New Business Forms: Implications for Strategic Planning" by Charles Stowe.
- No. 92-03G/May 1992: "Preserving the Residential Neighborhood: The Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants" by Charles Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins.
- No. 92-02Mg/ May 1992: "Wisconsin Central Limited: A Regional Railroad" by Paul R. Reed and Otto P. Dobnick.
- No. 92-01/Mg/May 1992: "A Comparison of Nursing Home Residents' and Administrators' Judgment of Service Quality" by Jo Ann Duffy, Michael Duffy and William Kilbourne.
1991 Research Working Papers
- No. 91-03 Mg/ November 1991: "Use of Stimulation for Determining Optimum Level of Buffer Inventories in a JIT Environment: A Strategic Perspective" by Victor E. Sower, Michael J. Savoie, and Jaideep G. Motwani.
- No. 91-02G/ November 1991: "SPC Implementation in the Plastic Molding Industry" by Victor E. Sower.
- No. 91-01G/November 1991: "The Ethics of Practice Development Strategies" by Charles Stowe.