Research and Instructional Development Working Papers
Listed below are the Research Working Papers and Instructional Development Papers of the Gibson D. Lewis Center for Business and Economic Development, Sam Houston State University.
They can be ordered from the Center for Business and Economic Development free of charge by email to CBED@shsu.edu or you can download/view them here in pdf format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the software for free.
A = Accounting G = General Business and Finance ECO = Economics BA= Business Analysis
M = Marketing Mg = Management MIS = Management Information Systems
Faculty Working Paper Series: 2000-Present
To view working papers before this time, view the 1991-1999 Working Paper Series page.
2013 Research Working Papers
- No. 13.01 FIN/September 2013 "Capital Investment and Non-Constant Marginal Cost of Capital" by Mary Funck, Robert Stretcher and Steve Johnson.
- No. 13-01 ECO/February 2013 "City Relative Price Dynamics in Australia: Are Structural Breaks Important?" by Hiranya K. Nath (SHSU) Jayanta Sarkar and Queensland University of Technology
2012 Research Working Papers
- No. 12-07 ECO/January 2012 "Analysis of Firm Compliance with Multiple Environmental Regulations" by Lirong Liu
- No. 12-06 ECO/January 2012 "Firm Decision-making Structure and Compliance with Environmental Regulations: Evidence from Environmental Auditing" by Mary F. Evans (Claremont McKenna College), Lirong Liu (SHSU), and Sarah Stafford (College of William and Mary)
- No. 12-05 ECO/January 2012 "Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Trade in Emerging Market Economies" by Lirong Liu and Hiranya K. Nath
- No. 12-04 ECO/January 2012 "Structural Breaks and Relative Price Convergence among U.S. Cities" by Natalie Hegwood and Hiranya K. Nath
- No. 12-03 ECO/January 2012 "Is Health Care a Necessity or a Luxury? New Evidence from a Panel of U.S. State-Level Data" by Donald G. Freeman
- No. 12-02 ECO/January 2012 "U.S. Trade in Information-Intensive Services" by Hiranaya K. Nath (SHSU) and Uday M. Apte (Naval Postgraduate School)
- No. 12-01 ECO/January 2012 "Income and Preventable Mortality: The Case of Youth Traffic Fatalities by Donald G. Freeman
- No. 12-01 FIN/May 2012 "Short-Selling Constraints: The Asymmetric Role of Institutional Ownership, Relative Short Interest, Options and Dividends"by Jose Gutierrez, Steve Johnson, and Robert Stretcher
2011 Research Working Papers
- No. 11-04 ECO/November 2011 "Financial Reforms and Technical Eciency in Indian Commercial Banking: A Generalized Stochastic Frontier Analysis" by Aditi Bhattacharyya and Sudeshna Pal
- No. 11-03 ECO/November 2011 "POLITICS, POLICY ANALYSIS, AND THE PASSAGE OF THE NATIONAL MINIMUM DRINKING AGE ACT OF 1984" by Darren Grant
- No. 11-02 ECO/November 2011 "Is Beer Healthier than Booze? How the Change in Consumption Shares of Alcoholic Beverage Types Affects Mortality in Young People" by Donald Freeman
- No. 11-02 MGT/ 2011: "Leadership sagacity and its relationship with individual creative performance and innovation." by Aneika L. Simmons and Victor E. Sower
- No. 11-01 ECO/ June 2011: "On (not) Closing The Gaps: The Evolution of National and Regional Unemployment Rates by Race and Ethnicity" by Donald G. Freeman
2010 Research Working Papers
- No. 10-11 ECO/December 2010: "Choice, internal consistency, and rationality" by Aditi Bhattacharyya, Prasanta K. Pattanaik, and Yongsheng Xu
- No. 10-10 ECO/December 2010: "Median-based Rules for Decision-making under Complete Ignorance" by Aditi Bhattacharyya
- No. 10-10 MGT/December 2010: "A Training Course Primer" by Dr. Charles J. Capps III
- No. 10-09 ECO/December 2010: "Adjustment of Inputs and Measurment of Time-varying Technical Efficiency: A Dynamic Panel Data Analysis" by Aditi Bhattacharyya
- No. 10-09 MGT/October 2010: "Auditing for Usefulness: A New Concern?"
- No. 10-08 ECO/ December 2010: "Adjustment of Inputs and Measurement of Technical Efficiency: A Dynamic Panel" by Adihit BhattacharyyaData Analysis of the Egyptian Manufacturing Sectors
- No. 10-08 MGT/August 2010: "Examining the Role of Computer User Learning" Aptitude in Technology Acceptance User Perception: A Confirmatory Analysis" by Janes Warner
- No. 10-07 ECO/December 2010: "Is there a Relationship Between HMO Quality of Care and Financial Performance? Evidence from Texas HMOs" by Troy Quast
- No. 10-07 MGT/June 2010: "A Survey of Information System Development Project Performance" by Keith Wright
- No. 10-06 ECO/December 2010:"Illegal Migration into Assam: Magnitude, Causes, and Economic Consequences" by Hiranya K. Nath and Suresh Kr. Nath
- No. 10-06 MGT/May 2010: "A New Audit Objective" by Carl Brewer
- No. 10-05 ECO/November: "2005 Relative Inflation Dynamics in the EU Accession Countries of Central and Eastern Europe" by Hiranya K. Nath and Kiril Tochkov
- No. 10-05 MGT/April 2010: "Social Capital and IS Leadership" by Janis Warner.
- No. 10-04 ECO/November: "The Simple Economics of Thresholds: Evidence from the Western States 100" by Darren Grant
- No. 10-04 MGT/March 2010: "Product Upgrade and Time-To-Market" by Kunpeng Li, Qin Geng, Chongqi Wu and Bin Shao.
- No 10-03 ECO/October 2010: "The Dynamics of Drinking and Driving in the U.S.: The Role of Social Forces and the Role of Law" by Darren Grant
- No. 10-03 MGT/February 2010: "The Usage and Effect of Benchmarking on Supply Management Performance Improvement" by Victor E. Sower, Pamel Zelbst and Qiannong Gu.
- No. 10-02 ECO/March 2010: "Workers: Migration and Remittances in Bangladesh" by Khawaja A. Mamun and Hiranya K. Nath
- No. 10-02 MGT/January 2010: "Information Systems Development Project Performance in the 21st Century: the Importance of Punctuated Equilibrium Models" by M. Keith Wright and Charles J. Capps III .
- No. 10-01/ECO January 2010: "The Implications of a South-South Customs Union on Tariffs, Welfare, and the Prospect of Global Free Trade" by Hiranya K Nath and Murat Yildiz
- No. 10-01 MGT/January 2010: "Solutions to Turnover in India: Insights From an Interview Study" by Jeremey Bellah.
2009 Research Working Papers
- No. 09-09 ECO/October 2009 "What Makes a Good Economy? An Analysis of Survey Data" by Darren Grant
- No. 09-08 ECO/October 2009 "Does the Relationship Between Mortality and the Business Cycle Vary by the Level of Economic Development? Evidence from Mexico" by Fidel Gonzalez and Troy Quast
- No. 09-07 ECO/October 2009 "Another Consequence of the Economic Crisis: A Decrease in Migrants’ Remittances" by Isabel Ruiz and Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 09-06 ECO/October 2009 "Beer in Good Times and Bad: A U.S. State-Level Analysis of Economic Conditions and Alcohol Consumption" by Don Freeman
- No. 09-05 ECO/October 2009 "ARE REMITTANCES MANNA FROM HEAVEN? A LOOK AT THE BUSINESS CYCLE PROPERTIES OF REMITTANCES" by Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 09-04 ECO/October 2009 "Introduction to the World of Exchange Rates" by Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 09-03 ECO/October 2009 "Crime and Remittance Transfers" by Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 09-02 ECO/October 2009 "Are Recessions Good for Everyone’s Health? The Association Between Mortality and the Business Cycle by Race in the U.S." by Matias Fontenla (Univ. of New Mexico), Fidel Gonzalez (SHSU), & Troy Quast (SHSU)
- No. 09-01 ECO/October 2009 "THE SIMPLE ECONOMICS OF THRESHOLDS: GRADES AS INCENTIVES" by Darren Grant and William B. Green
- No. 09-05 MGT/December 2009: "Critical Inquiry Across the Disciplines: Strategies for Student-Generated Problem Posing" by Carroll Ferguson Nardone and Renee Gravois Lee.
- No. 09-04 MGT/November 2009: "Conceptualization and Measurement Development for Salient User Belief Constructs in the Context of IT Security" by Janis Warner and Qing Hu.
- No. 09-03 MGT/September 2009:"Runaway Information Technology Projects: A Punctuated Equilibrium Analysis" by M. Keith Wright and Charles J. Capps III.
- No. 09-02 MGT/July 2009: "Design of Extended Warranties In Supply Chains" by Kunpeng Li, Suman Mallik, and Dilip Chhajed.
- No. 09-01 MGT/January 2009: "Reality, Duplicity, and the Demise of Contrived Binary and Ternary Paradoxes: Or No More Lies, Alibis and Rationalizations" by Charles J. Capps III.
2008 Research Working Papers
- No. 08-07 ECO/November 2008 "Macroeconomic Changes and Mortality in Mexico" by Fidel Gonzalez & Troy Quast
- No. 08-06 ECO/March 2008 "Do Profits Influence the Quality of Care Provided by Medicaid MCOs?" by Troy Quast (SHSU) and Elizabeth Shenkman (Univ of Florida)
- No. 08-05 ECO/March 2008 "Controlling Pollution with Fixed Inspection Capacity" by Lirong Liu
- No. 08-04 ECO/March 2008 "Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods" by Hiranya K Nath
- No. 08-03 ECO/March 2008 "Do regions matter for the behavior of city relative prices in the U. S.?" by Viera Chmelarova and Hiranya K Nath
- No. 08-02 ECO/March 2008 "A NEW STATE-LEVEL PANEL OF ANNUAL INEQUALITY MEASURES OVER THE PERIOD 1916 – 2005" by Mark W. Frank
- No. 08-06 ECO/March 2008 "Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Delivery: New Conclusions from the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project" by Darren Grant
- No. 08-06 MGT/October 2008: "RFID Utilization and Information Sharing Impact Supply Chain Performance" by Pamela J. Zelbst, Kenneth W. Green, Jr., Victor E. Sower, and Gary Baker.
- No. 08-05 MGT/October 2008: "Impact of RFID Technology Utilization on Operational Performance" by Pamela J. Zelbst, Kenneth W. Green, Jr., and Victor E. Sower.
- No. 08-04 MGT/September 2008: "The Impact of Power, Benefits, and Risk Reduction Linkages on Supply Chain Performance" by Pamela J. Zelbst, Kenneth W. Green, Jr., Victor E. Sower, and Redro Reyes.
- No. 08-03 MGT/August 2008: "The Impact of RFID Utilization on Manufacturing Effectivenessand Efficiency within a Supply Chain Context" by Pamela J. Zelbst, Kenneth W. Green, Jr., Victor E. Sower, and Redro Reyes.
- No. 08-02 MGT/August 2008: "The Impact of Aligning Marketing Strategies throughout the Supply Chain" by Kenneth W. Green, Jr., Dwayne Whitte, and R. Anthony Inman.
- No. 08-01 MIS/April 2008: "Information Technology Customer Service: "Best Practice" Processes for Operations" by M. Keith Wright and Charles J. Capps III.
2007 Research Working Papers
- No. 07-09 ECO/October 2007 "Elemental Tests of the Traditional Rational Voting Model" by Darren Grant and Michael Toma
- No. 07-08 ECO/October 2007 "Dead on Arrival: Zero Tolerance Laws Don't Work" by Darren Grant
- No. 07-07 ECO/October 2007 "Optimal Drink Driving Penalty Structure" by Darren Grant
- No. 07-06 ECO/October 2007 "Multiproduct Pricing in Major League Baseball: A Principal Components Analysis" by Craig A. Depken, II and Darren Grant
- No. 07-05 ECO/October 2007 "Monetary policy and the U.S. Housing Marketing: A VAR analysis imposing sign restrictions" by Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 07-04 ECO/October 2007 "The Tale of the Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates and Money Demand in Mexio" by Carlos Vargas-Silva
- No. 07-03 ECO/October 2007 "Unbiased Estimation of the Half-Life to Price Index Convergence among US Cities" by Hiranya K. Nath and Jayanta Sarkar
- No. 07-02 ECO/October 2007 "Common Volatility across Latin American Foreign Exchange Markets" by Isabel Ruiz
- No. 07-01 ECO/October 2007 "Exchange Rates and U.S. Direct Investment into Latin America" by Isabel Ruiz and Susan Pozo
- No. 07-09 MKT/December 2007: "Doing Critical Consumer Research: The Case of Health Care Delivery in Appalachia" by Reneacute;e Gravois Lee and Julie L. Ozanne.
- No. 07-08/December 2007: "Creating a Campus Culture of Integrity: Comparing the Perspectives of Full- and Part-time Faculty" by Suzanne S. Hudd, Caroline Apgar, Renée Gravois Lee, and Eric Franklin Bronson.
- No. 07-07 ACC/December 2007: "Passing on Your Passwords" by Taylor Klett, Philip W. Morris, and Ronald J. Daigle.
- No. 07-06 ACC/December 2007: "ACCOUNTING ETHICS EDUCATION AND THE SOCRATIC METHOD" by Carl Brewer.
- No. 07-05 MGT/ November 2007: "An Experiential Approach to Develop Understanding of RFID Technology" by Pamela Zelbst, Victor E. Sower, and Kenneth W. Green, Jr.
- No. 07-04 MKT/November 2007: "THE MARKETING VALUE PYRAMID (MVP): A PEDAGOGICAL MODEL" by Charles J. Capps, III and Irfan Ahmed.
- No. 07-03MG/April 2007: "Cluster Concentrations: A Typology Developed and Tested from the Macro Perspective" by Pamela Zelbst, Gregory Frazier, and Victor Sower.
- No. 07-02MIS/April 2007: "Information Technology Customer Service: 'Best Practice' Processes for Operations" by M. Keith Wright and Charles J. Capps III.
- No. 07-01MIS/January 2007: "Development of a Theory of Learning Performance" by David Taylor.
2006 Research Working Papers
- No. 06-06, ECO/September 2006 "Media Substitution in Advertising: A Spirited Case Study" by Mark. W. Frank
- No. 06-05, ECO/September 2006 "Trade, Growth and Wage Inequality in Bangladesh" by Hiranya K. Nath and Khawaja A. Mamun
- No. 06-04, ECO/September 2006 "Sectoral Price Changes and Output Growth: Supply and Demand in General Equilibrium" by Nathan S. Balke and Hiranya K Nath
- No. 06-03, ECO/September 2006 "Do Elected Public Utility Commissioners Behave More Politicallythan Appointed Ones?" by Troy Quast
- No. 06-02, ECO/September 2006 "Does the Form of Physician Compensation Affect the Quality of Care in Medicaid HMOS?" by Troy Quast, David E.M. Sappington, and Elizabeth Shenkman
- No. 06-01, ECO/September 2006 "Are Real GDP Levels Trend, Difference, or Regime-Wise Trend Stationary? Evidence from Panel Data Tests Incorporating Structural Change" by Natalie Hegwood and David H. Papell
- No. 06-15M/October 2006: "Benchmarking in Hospitals: When you Need More than a Scorecard" by Victor Sower.
- No. 06-14M/August 2006: "Starbuck's: Enhancing Marketing Efforts with Geography Information Systems" by John J. Newbold, Sanjay Mehta, and Mark Leipnik.
- No. 06-13M/August 2006: "Sam Houston State University Campus Parking Focus Groups" by John J. Newbold and Sanjay Mehta.
- No. 06-12M/August 2006: "Developing Service Learning Marketing Projects" by John J. Newbold.
- No. 06-11M/August 2006: "Implementing Service-Learning for a Marketing Capstone Course" by John J. Newbold.
- No. 06-10M/August 2006: "VistaCare Healthcare Case" by John J. Newbold and Victor Wayhan.
- No. 06-09M/August 2006:"Hometown Hardware Embryo Case" by John J. Newbold, Sanjay Mehta, and Irfan Ahmed.
- No. 06-08M/August 2006: "Harnessing the Synergy Between Marketing Students and the Local Community: Writing Marketing Plans for Small Businesses" by John J. Newbold and Sanjay Mehta.
- No. 06-07M/August 2006: "The Role of Marketing in an Emerging Healthcare Sector: The Case of For-Profit Hospices" by John J. Newbold, Sanjay Mehta, and Irfan Ahmed.
- No. 06-06M/August 2006:"The Macromarketing Implications of the Entrance of For-Profit Firms in a Traditionally Non-Profit Industry: The Case of the US Hospice Industry" by John J. Newbold, Sanjay Mehta, and Irfan Ahmed.
- No. 06-05/August 2006: "Dogwood Kennel: An Old Dog Learns New Tricks" by John J. Newbold, Sanjay Mehta, and Irfan Ahmed.
- No. 06-04M/August 2006: "Sam Houston State University Bearkat OneCard Focus Groups Final Report" by John J. Newbold and Sanjay Mehta.
- No. 06-03M/January 2006: "Perceptions of Emergency Department Care by the Elderly" by Victor Sower, Gerald Kohers, and Jo Ann Duffy.
- No. 06-02M/January 2006: "Odyssey Heathcare Case" by John J. Newbold and Victor Wayhan.
- No. 06-01M/January 2006: "Is Civic Engagement the Key to Bridging the Town-Gown Divide?" by John J. Newbold and Tamara Waggener.
2005 Research Working Papers
- No. 05-06, ECO/August 2005 "The “Resource Curse” and Regional U.S. Development" by Donald G. Freeman
- No. 05-05, ECO/August 2005 "Drunk Driving Legislation and Traffic Fatalities: What Works and What Doesn’t?" by Donald G. Freeman
- No. 05-04, ECO/August 2005 "Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Growth: Evidence from Transition Economies" by Hiranya K Nath
- No. 05-03, ECO/August 2005 "Income Inequality and Economic Growth in the U.S.: A Panel Cointegration Approach" by Mark W. Frank
- No. 05-02, ECO/August 2005 "Simulation of FOMC Meeting: Learning About Monetary Policy by Doing" by Hiranya K Nath
- No. 05-01, ECO/August 2005 "Foreign Direct Investment and Inequality in Productivity across Countries" by Gouranga G Das, Hiranya K Nath and Halis M Yildiz
- No. 05-04MG/December 2005: "Softlifting: Exploring Determinants of Attitude" by Tim Goyles, Bandula Jayatilaka, Beena George, Linda Parsons, David Taylor, and Rebecca Brune.
- No. 05-03A/December 2005: "Government Grants for Primary Research: Influences on University Facilities and Administrative Rates"by Martha L. Sales and Alice A. Ketchand.
- No. 05-02MG/July 2005: "Medical, Scientific and Commercial Uses of Roentgen's X-Rays Today" by Charles J. Capps III.
- No. 05-01MG/July 2005: "Empowering Employees in the 21st Century" by Justin M. Prine, Frank A. Ritter, and Charles J. Capps III.
2004 Research Working Papers
- No. 04-04A/June 2004: "Accounting Educators Prepare to Meet New Texas Ethics Course Requirement" by Taylor Klett, Phillip Morris, and Carl Brewer.
- No. 04-03MG/April 2004: "Strategic Planning in the 21st Century: Future Global Realities CEOs Need Junior Executives to Comprehend" by Charles J. Capps III, Keith Jenkins, and Samuel Hazen.
- No. 04-02MG/April 2004: "77 Management: Functions, Goals, Habits, Virtues, Sins, Insights, and States" by Charles J. Capps III and Patricia J. Capps.
- No.04-01A/February 2004: "Current Status and Considerations of Hobby Losses" by Taylor S. Klett
2003 Research Working Papers
- No.03-05MG/December 2003: "There Is More To Quality Than Continuous Improvement: Listening To Plato" by Victor E. Sower and Frank K. Fair.
- No.03-04MG/October 2003: "Integrating Patient Feedback into the Continuous Improvement Process in Hospitals: A Tale of Three Hospitals" by Victor E. Sower, Jo Ann Duffy and Gerald Kohers.
- No.03-03AC/June 2003: "Using Mini-Cases to Teach Ethics to Accounting Students" by Carl W. Brewer.
- No.03-02MG/March 2003: "Cost of Quality: Why More Organizations Do Not Use It Effectively" by Victor E. Sower and Ross Quarles.
- No.03-01AC/March 2003: "Overview, Coordination of, and Updates on Existing Programs Including A New But Limited Tax Break Opportunity for Educational Expenses as a Result of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001" by Taylor Klett.
2002 Research Working Papers
- No.02-11AC/December 2002: "Unpatriotic Tax Traitors or Rational Tax Avoiders? Corporate Inversions in the Oil Field Services Industry" by Phillip W. Morris
- No.02-10MG/November 2002: "Cost of Quality Usage and It's Relationship to Quality System Maturity" by Victor E. Sower and Ross Quarles.
- No.02-09M/October 2002: "Social Class Redux: Subjective Relative Income Clarifies Role of Social Class and Privilege Groups in Understanding Consumer Behavior" by John J. Newbold.
- No.02-08G/October 2002: "Entrepreneurship Education in the United States" by Charles R.B. Stowe.
- No.02-07AC/June 2002: "Can You Trust What You Hear About Trusts?" by Taylor S. Klett.
- No.02-06G/May 2002: "Reform of the Financial Services Industry- Analysis of Gramm-Bliley-Leach Act" by Charles R. B. Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins.
- No.02-05G/May 2002: "Promoting Legal Services-The Texas Approach to Ethics and Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct" by G. Keith Jenkins and Charles R. B Stowe.
- No.02-04G/May 2002: "In Trusts We Should Trust-Trust Planning"by Martin L. Griffin and Charles R. B. Stowe.
- No.02-03Mg/May 2002: "SWOTing the Organization's Psyche: Commitment, Consciousness and Psychopathology" by Charles J. Capps III and G. Keith Jenkins.
- No.02-02Mg/May 2002: "Motivation of the Volunteer" by Marilyn M Butler, Jo Ann Duffy, and John Miller.
- No.02-01Mg/May 2002: "Cost of Quality Distribution and Quality System Maturity: An Exploratory Study" by Victor E. Sower, Ross Quarles, and Susan Cooper.
2001 Research Working Papers
- No.01-08G/July 2001: "Tax Incentives for International Trade Now Available for Entrepreneurs-The Extraterritorial Income Exclusion a Primer for Small Business Engaging in International Trade"by Taylor S. Klett and Charles R. B. Stowe.
- No.01-07Mg/May 2001: "How Mergers and Acquisitions Affect Healthcare Employees" by Kim Krueger and Jo Ann Duffy.
- No.01-06G/April 2001: "Electronic Signatures Act-Federal Law of Contracts?" by Charles R. B. Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins.
- No.01-05G/April 2001: "Effects of /Exclusionary zoning: Sunnyvale, Texas Case Study" Martin Griffin and Charles R. B. Stowe.
- No.01-04G/April 2001: "Time to Reorganize Universities for the Information Era?" by Charles R. B. Stowe.
- No.01-03G/April 2001: "Taming the Wild West-Legal Issues for Web Site Operators" by Charles R. B. Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins
- No.01-02Mg/April 2001: "Using Manufacturing Techniques to Improve Scheduling and Resource Allocation for Repetitive Projects" by Dana L. Grant and Victor E. Sower.
- No. 01-01Mg/March 2001: "Preliminary Scanning of the Strategic Environment: 2015-2050" by Charles J. Capps III, G. Keith Jenkins, and Samuel Hazen.
2000 Research Working Papers
- No. 00-06G/December 2000: "Intellectual Capital - Implications for Management Education" by Charles Stowe and Sara Hart.
- No. 00-05G/December 2000: "The Regulation of Electronic Contracts" by Keith Jenkins and Charles Stowe.
- No. 00-04G/December 2000: "Protecting Children on the Internet - Warning for Webmasters!" by Charles Stowe and G. Keith Jenkins.
- No. 00-03G/December 2000: "Adventures in Estate Planning: Use of Family Limited Partnerships" by Martin Griffin and Charles Stowe.
- No. 00-02MIS/November 2000: "Exploring the Need for Node Biases in Time Series Forecasting with Artificial Neural Networks" by Douglas Kline and Gerald Kohers.
- No. 00-01Mg/February 2000: "The Case of Rhonda" by Joe Kavanaugh, Paul Reed and Carol Cumber.