Why should I attend SI?
SI sessions allow students to take ownership of their learning and college experience. SI Leaders facilitate the sessions in a way that encourages students to get involved, ask questions, and strengthen study skills that can be used throughout their college careers. There are many benefits to attending SI sessions:
- Sessions promote and model effective study strategies.
- The proactive, inclusive approach offers something for students with various learning styles.
- Sessions provide opportunities for students to make vital connections with peers.
- SI enriches learning and study skills for success in future courses.
- SI encourages students to take ownership of their learning and achievements.
Which courses have SI sessions?
BIOL 1411 - General Botany
BIOL 1413 - General Zoology
BIOL 2440 - Introductory Cell Biology
CHEM 1411 - General Chemistry I
CHEM 1412 - General Chemistry II
CHEM 2323 - Organic Chemistry
PSYC 1301 - Introduction to Psychology
HIST 1301 - United States History to 1876
PHIL 1301 - Introduction to Philosophy
HLTH 3355 - U.S. Health Care Systems
How do I become an SI Leader?
Please review the qualifications and application process here. Questions about SI Leader responsibilities and the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.